World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Anyone got any info on burton bradstock. i am fishing it for the first time this friday in a club match. what species am i likely to find thereand are ther any little hotspots that might give me slight advantage?
cheers

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
hi john, i've fished burton bradstock recently, and found it very snaggy. i found a resonably spot, directly down from the car park. don't know about spieces though......as this is the only place, i have ever blanked.....twice. good luck :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chesilmaster said:
this is the only place, i have ever blanked.....twice.
:( this is not really what i wanted to hear :confused:
do you know if it is a good place for mackerel or gars? they can be a match winner if fishing is slow on the bottom.. cheers

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
not sure mate. but i think you can rely on mackie and gars, all the way along chesil. let us know how you get on. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Codfather
I fished a match there in january so my results would be a bit out of season at the moment

But beware of the tackle hungry half coverd net about 60 yards out directly infront of the car park,go left or right to avoid it,seen loads loose tackle on it but luckily i was tipped off by a local angler :)

Good luck in the match

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
dby mate, i thought the tackle hungry net was at west bexi, if not then a curse on the person who told me it was as they made me walk when i did not need to :mad:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ian
I cant coment on west bexi but totally 100% sure of the net at BB,seen loads of tackle lost on it and it seemed common knowledge to most of the guys fishing that particular match

Local knowledge did me a big favour that night ,i went left as you look out to sea and i caught my first shore caught cod and managed to win the match................first and last time though :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi this is my first thread so here goes. To fish Burton Bradstock there is a reef directly in front of the car, so walk left to you get to the first vee in the banks.If you then cast direct in front of you about 60yds you will be at the left side of the reef.You can cast over the reef but if you hook into a fish he will dive into the reef and you will lose the lot
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers mate, i will take that into account aswel.
by the way, welcome to the site :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Codfather,

I can confirm what DBY told you about the net. I fished it one evening and went to the right. I lost 6 rigs in 6 casts. If you fish from the front of the carpark and to the left, you should be OK. The net is there and it is a pain in the a**e.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi guys at West Bexi its not only a telephone cable but lots and lots of old listening equipment cables West Bexi was a listening post in the 11WW and in the Cold War so the cables run straight out from the car park for about 20 miles! I know this from regularly speaking to a guy who has visited/lived in one of the cottages for 30yrs!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi guys,
just back form the match.. and the less said the better!
i managed to catch 2 sizable pout (6.5oz and 9oz), about 6 undersized pout, 1 poor cod and a small cuttlefish which was attached to the poor cod!?
other fish weighed were; dogs, pout, mackerel, scad and garfish......

it was a lovely evening; clear skies, light breeze, and a meteor shower which lasted from when it got dark to when we left. it was stunning to say the least.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts