World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much deliberation about where to go, I decided to head for the jetty, nice & peaceful & the dog could run around without upsetting the bloody tourists. I raided the freezer for the remnants of manky mackerel & squid & set off. Must have read the tide table wrong as when I arrived there was very little water there, but I decided to continue, the sun was out & was out & it was nice to be out again, though the first time fishing on my own.

I baited up & cast out to where the water actually was, 4 blokes turned up shortly after & were straight in with a little wrasse, not perturbed by this, i carried on minding my own business. 2 other guys rocked up & headed for the other end of the jetty. Shortly after one of the blokes next to me had a small common eel & then another small wrasse.
Starting to get a little irritated by my own lack of fish (as only a woman can) I persisted, managed a few bites, but each time i struck into nothing. Obviously the fish were preferring worms. Being that I had none, i decided to leave them to it.
& headed slightly dejected, for home as the tide was on the turn.
Although I had no fish to show for my effort, the dog had a nice afternoon out & i managed to top up the tan a little, so cant really complain.
Worms next time me thinks :unsure:

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
Well after much deliberation about where to go, I decided to head for the jetty, nice & peaceful & the dog could run around without upsetting the bloody tourists. I raided the freezer for the remnants of manky mackerel & squid & set off. Must have read the tide table wrong as when I arrived there was very little water there, but I decided to continue, the sun was out & was out & it was nice to be out again, though the first time fishing on my own.

I baited up & cast out to where the water actually was, 4 blokes turned up shortly after & were straight in with a little wrasse, not perturbed by this, i carried on minding my own business. 2 other guys rocked up & headed for the other end of the jetty. Shortly after one of the blokes next to me had a small common eel & then another small wrasse.
Starting to get a little irritated by my own lack of fish (as only a woman can) I persisted, managed a few bites, but each time i struck into nothing. Obviously the fish were preferring worms. Being that I had none, i decided to leave them to it.
& headed slightly dejected, for home as the tide was on the turn.
Although I had no fish to show for my effort, the dog had a nice afternoon out & i managed to top up the tan a little, so cant really complain.
Worms next time me thinks :unsure:
unlucky lisa nice one on the tan:sun::sun:

·
Premium Member
38,303 Posts
Bad luck, fishings been very hard this weekend, fish must be of on their hols :laugh:

Thinking of heading west again on Wednesday evening to fish the flood tide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts