World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to pluggin and just getting gear together,got the 8ft 6 in bushwacker and just bought a shimano technium 4000 mgs.are they a good match. im trying them out through the week so guess ill find out then.ill be loading reel with 30lb power pro and a fluro leader.should i attatch the leader with a swivel or is there a good knot to use and should the leader be about 3 ft long.ive ordered a few plugs maria chase and maria kiss YO -ZURI Crystal Minnow ,some poppers and knuckle heads some of them devils own plugs.ive got some funds in my paypal account so if anyone can recomend and others i should get ill see if there on ebay.ive got 3 sidewinder sand eels to
thanks--peter

·
Registered
925 Posts
Superspook, Mag Popper, Patchinko, Feed Shallow...

Don't get too many, learn how to be successful with a handful first.

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
thanks for advice.also whats the best way to attatch plug to line.what do most people use
Have a look on THIS site, i attach the plug using a lure clip and connect the leader to the clip using a trilene knot or lure loop,, hope this helps,, Marc.:victory:

·
Registered
729 Posts
thanks for advice.also whats the best way to attach plug to line.what do most people use
There are a number of ways to do this...I generally use a small snap link so I can change plugs easily and quickly during a session...tie the snap onto the leader with a Grinner or Palomar knot.

:victory:

·
Registered
179 Posts
you really want to use a 30lbs line???
What diameter is that?
What kind of fish you wanna go to catch with your whacky?

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
you really want to use a 30lbs line???
What diameter is that?
What kind of fish you wanna go to catch with your whacky?

Cheers
Thomas
Hi mate, 30lb braid is popular in the UK because of the very rough ground rock marks that are popular for Bass fishing here, it just adds more abrasion resistance and has little to do with the breaking strain.

·
Registered
729 Posts
...and the ability to pull a snagged lure to safety occasionally...just don't use the rod as a lever...:wacko:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi mate, if you are planning to go to that place I mentioned this week, give me a shout man, I am off work all week and the missus is in Europe, so I'll be out fishing everyday:punk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts