World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
With a 4.3m tide at midnight i would imagin that the local beach's will be heavin, especially round my area with the hound being everyone's target.
I'm out tommoz night for them prob try and get to Hillhead early to get a spot. I normally fish Selsey or Pagham but they dont seem to be showing in number's yet up that way!
Anyone else out and about??

·
Registered
185 Posts
I want to get out and about, the bait is ready to go - I just want the wind to back off abit. I might try the Medmerry Bank (towards West Beach, Selsey), Church Norton or maybe Pagham. Anyone fancy meeting up for a hound hunt ?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I want to get out and about, the bait is ready to go - I just want the wind to back off abit. I might try the Medmerry Bank (towards West Beach, Selsey), Church Norton or maybe Pagham. Anyone fancy meeting up for a hound hunt ?
There is a Team Extreme Open at Selsey Sat evening. Crazyplums has details.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hope you fair better then we did wk end gone ,weather bad ,crabs hard to get ,loads of weed at hillhead,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you never know ,,GOOD LUCK ALL TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you fair better then we did wk end gone ,weather bad ,crabs hard to get ,loads of weed at hillhead,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you never know ,,GOOD LUCK ALL TIGHT LINES
Weed at Hillhead!!! maybe i wont be going there then but i think it's gonna be my best chance. They've forcast light S/W wind too..... perfect.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi Shonzy,
Was planning either there or Haslar Wall today.
Advice on on the weed at Hilhead please, if so how much?
Cheers Shipmate
Ivor

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the weed isn't normally that bad at Haslar. Hillhead can fish better but with the weed and also it does get very busy there...... oh what to do!!! Think i might do H H and if it's that bad then move else where

·
Registered
95 Posts
I fished Selsey twice last week and nothing apart from Mackie. Then fished HH on Tuesday night but left at high tide (11ish), only had one run to show for it. At time I left no one had anything of note.

Weed was only an issue close in, number of people fishing was another problem. On a windy Tuesday night with a bad tide the wall was full 3 1/2 hours before high tide.

I would try it again tonight but you would need to get there early for a place and then you end up next to some numpty fishing with a rod from wollies who casts at right angles.....

RichB.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe food for thought guys, Have been hunting hounds all week and caught 1 small one off Lepe, but went to Lee-on-Solent last night for 2 hours up and down tide at 2300 and caught 3 hounds the smallest 6lb 8oz and the biggest (see attached photo) couldn't weight it scales not big enough but measured at 97cm tip to tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Maybe food for thought guys, Have been hunting hounds all week and caught 1 small one off Lepe, but went to Lee-on-Solent last night for 2 hours up and down tide at 2300 and caught 3 hounds the smallest 6lb 8oz and the biggest (see attached photo) couldn't weight it scales not big enough but measured at 97cm tip to tail.
That's not a smoothy, that's a baby whale shark. Well done. Great catch.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had 7 hounds in 2 nights a fortnight ago at Selsey up to 10lb, seems quiet now tho. Where do you fish at Lee on Solent? any hotspots?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Parked at hovercraft slipway, fished just inside first groyne to the left with the green triangle on. 70-80 yards out 4/0 pennel frozen peeler. I was the only person on the beach last night seemed strange cos it was a really mild night hardly any wind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts