World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Do you mean on Bute ie. the shore at Bute or near Bute in the boat ??

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
I fished the rocks just south of Kilchattan Bay a couple of years ago - worm and limpet under a float - had quie a few ballans - in the Summer - any bit of the rocks does - just keep moving !!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
the nearest i have been to bute is rothsay colintrive and tynabruichnothing but scorpion fish at rothsay pollack and conger at colintrive and dogys flatties small cod,haddock and whiting at tynabruich and loads of dragonet.

·
Registered
414 Posts
plenty of marks on bute. and almost unfished too. congers wrasse pollack whiting codling doggies flatties and my mate had a 4lb bass a few weeks back.

seek and ye shall find:fishing:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I fished the rocks just south of Kilchattan Bay a couple of years ago - worm and limpet under a float - had quie a few ballans - in the Summer - any bit of the rocks does - just keep moving !!!
good spot mate but not the best by a long shot. keep walking a wee bit further :wiggle:

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i used to stay on bute ascog rock is ment to be good for conger and so is the garracty (i aint spelt it right) for conger and wrasse but that right over back of island and i dont think you can fish pier while boat is running but once they go away i would give pier a bash cause i used to fish there the most,iv got cod ,mackie, gurnard,ss scorpion fish coalies off there and seen flatties in harbour and conger getting took and even seen a octous getting took once,iv heard port bannattyne is ment to be ok but never fished it.i will need to head over soon i still have family there and i will take the rod,its the price of the ferry that puts me off taking car

·
Registered
414 Posts
no fishing on the pier at all now. ascog rock is quite productive but again nothing big. the garrochty is quite good too and could maybe throw up a surprise or 2. going to ascog rock the morra so fingers crossed. the port has a breakwater now and a 5lb cod was caught from it a few weeks ago on lug.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i got my 1st ever wrasse at the garrochty

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Hi from a new member!

I've fished the past couple of summers down at the lighthouse past Kilchattan Bay, at Glencallum Bay, and got loads of mackies and the odd pollack. Good to here that there are wrasse around too, so I'll need to try the limpet and float method this year.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
I'm also thinking of chucking one of those little lobster pots off the rocks with a chopped up mackie inside to see what I might get. Anyone tried that before down there?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm also thinking of chucking one of those little lobster pots off the rocks with a chopped up mackie inside to see what I might get. Anyone tried that before down there?
my mate used to do it everytime he was down there. mostly velvet crabs but once he had a lobster but only small. as for wrasse use whole shore crabs. sorts out the bigger ones. seen them to 4lb+ down the sooth end. allegedly there was a 5lb wrasse caught down there last year but cannot confirm this for certain but i would not be surprised. using lug you just get pestered by wee fish. loads of smallish comgers get caught down there by my mates who are really just mucking about. but i'm gonna try and target a big un this year. great arrea for mullet too. another species i shall be trying too this year.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Anyone been out in the last few days?

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
In ma belly now...

·
Registered
414 Posts
christ the crewmen on deadliest catch had better watch out eh?:laugh:

Reactions: kennythejoiner

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Nah, I think their jobs are safe...for now...

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Heading down for the day to see if the mackies are out in better numbers. Will let you know.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
8 mackerel today down at Glencallum Bay again. Tinsel shrimp trace and silver lure on the end.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts