World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a new butt pad for my boat fishing this summer when i came across this;

eBay Item number: 110115054748

I nearly fell off my chair laughing. It is certainly not what i had in mind!

On a serious ote if anybody knows where i can get a good quality cheaply priced but pad (it won't be used much) i would be interested. To me £19.99 seems a little dear and thats only the cheapest Ron thompson and Shakespeare ones i can find.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Sods law isnt it, I picked up a small one at a boot in N Wales that i wanted to assist me on the shore and looked at the other larger one, the bloke asking 50p a piece for them. I couldnt think of anyone that would of wanted oen so left the other ! With hinds sight i should of popped it into classified shouldnt I ? Derr !
Sorry mate.

oh, having checked the item number, I in no way have any use for those ! Anyway who wants an ar** that looks like a bramley apple ? LOL SSB

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It made me laugh, i told me lass that whats shes getting for her birthday.

I thought that they were a cheapy thing but the ones i can find seem to be a bit pricey, saying i only intend to use it rarely for fishing in Norway and the odd spot of conger fishing. Is it worth spending more on one with a swivel but or not? i have never used the things before and they are a bit of a mystery to me.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
LOL, Think I'll get myself one of those....:)

Anyway, there are plenty on Ebay, I got this one on Fleabay...

Item no,...110115244166

Its a Ron Thomson, or VERY similar...and very cheap too, does the job for conger , and doesnt take up a lot of room. :)....For bigger stuff like Common Skate, I had a Triton ?? (Sp), which rests across the top of your legs, but now, after trying Norman Berry's Braid Gear,, I have a Braid Butt pad and Kidney harness...top class stuff...:):)

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I'll second the Braid thigh pad.
If you want to bend a 30+ outfit into a working curve the smaller butt pads are specialy designed to 'LIFT & SEPARATE':eek:hnoes:
There are cheaper thigh pads that look OK though.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that eBay link. I bought two for only £14, so i will sell one to one of the lads i am going with and hopefully it will pay for mine. At that price it doesn't matter if they are crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts