World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just returned from an idyllic week driting around the Greek Isles aboard a friend's catamaran. Whilst he and the two wives were spending their voyage time reading and sun bathing, I was sat on the stern trolling for whatever came along. I was using a method described to me by a local, and it produced four tuna during the trip. It consisted of towing a bubble float about 40 yards behind the boat (at about 4/5 knots) then a swivel, then about another 12 feet of line and finally a 'jelly' type sand eel (not weighted) about three inches or so long. I was told to keep the bubble float bouncing along the surface.

This has made me wonder if the same method would work for bass in the Brighton area (say particularly between Brighton and Newhaven). Also, what would the purpose of the bouncing bubble float have been? Would this just act as an 'attractor' ? Clearly it would not be required just to keep a small unweighted lure near the surface.

Anyone used this or a similar method and, more importantly, was it successful?

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
The bubble float would make a disturbance and sound to a tuna like fish breaking the surface in a panic. It would attract mackerel, bass many be a bit more canny unless they were shoaling and in a feeding frenzy

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
The bubble float would make a disturbance and sound to a tuna like fish breaking the surface in a panic. It would attract mackerel, bass many be a bit more canny unless they were shoaling and in a feeding frenzy
:idea:I wonder what would have happened if you had swapped the bubble floats for a set of marakas :g:
It would have sounded like a thousand prawns doing the cha cha bar:yeah:....apoligies in a silly mood....again:uhuh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.