World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another scam on boats and outboards. woman called sharon rimmington selling 19ft seastrike for silly money. her husband just died .no veiwing just pay into a paypal holding firm or something simular. i just let her have a few home truths. con artist

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
another scam on boats and outboards. woman called sharon rimmington selling 19ft seastrike for silly money. her husband just died .no veiwing just pay into a paypal holding firm or something simular. i just let her have a few home truths. con artist
I don't suppose 'she' is in the slightest bit concerned - they probably get 1000's of emails every day from people slagging them off for for trying the scam (bear in mind they also try it with cars, motorbikes, cavavans and other high value items as well as boats). I would never reply to such an ad myself - probably nothing they can do with it, but it just seems like a bad idea to let a gang of foreign criminals have my email address.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Its an ongoing issue with B&O, I have reported well over a hundred in the last 2 years and sent their marketing many emails to do more to prevent these scumbags from listing on there......surely it cant be that hard!

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Not just B&O - when you're getting bombarded with such ads it must be hard to keep up - I don't suppose they can delete them without investigating just incase someone really does want to sell something for bargain price - and in fairness B&O are pretty good at removing them quickly - there are almost 12,000 items listed on B&O - I'd be surprised if 10 of those are scam ads.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Sharon Rimington must be a very unlucky lady, to have two husbands die in such a short space of time. One with a Seastrike 19 and the other with a Warrior 165.

I thought I'd have a bit of fun, so pretended to be interested in the Warrior she had for sale.

Here's her responses to my emails.

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 4:20 PM
To:****************
Subject: Re: boatsandoutboards.co.uk - Message regarding ad: Warrior - 165 Superb Condition 16.5ft Honda 30HP 2008 3995GBP

When I list it you will receive a notification from them that you are accepted or not and all the instructions that you need to follow. When you click on buy now a full set of instructions is emailed to both of us. Payment instructions for yourself and delivery instruction for myself. You will have to pay ebay and they will hold the money until you receive and accept to keep my item. When you receive it you will have 2 options to decline it or to keep it. If you decline to keep it you will just receive a full refund since the money will never leave the secure ebay holding account(same refund applies if by any chance anything happens with the delivery and the item is not delivered) Or option two and the most probable one you say YES i do want to keep it and ebay forwards the money to my account. Delivery will be payed by me and made through shiply.com they are partners with ebay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received it. I just need your ebay id so I can send you the link through ebay.
Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Brian Runyard ******************* wrote:
Hello Sharon

Thanks for your email.

Where and when can I view the boat?

Regards

Brian

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 3:58 PM
To: *******************
Subject: Re: boatsandoutboards.co.uk - Message regarding ad: Warrior - 165 Superb Condition 16.5ft Honda 30HP 2008 3995GBP

Hi ,
The original listing where you contacted me from was placed by a relative. Thank you for following directions to contact me.
I am glad you are one of the people interested in buying my boat . It is in a excellent condition, no mechanical issues, no scratches or dents, easy on maintenance costs, extremely reliable. Always been stored in garage. The final price is £3995.

This Boat has a full service history and all documents available. Trailer is included also within this price and all accessories my husband had with it(life jackets and so on)
My husband died 1 month ago so i decided to sell, it has no use for me so it must go, that's why the price is low.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Many thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts