World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having dreadful, and potentially expensive, problems with my computer. It's very strange so i'm here now but the connection, and windows, will disapear like bait in crab infested water!

So lads and lasses it may take a while to be resolved. I shall miss you but..........

I'm going outside............................ I may be some time .................................

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
For an "international playboy" with homes in all far flung corners of the country, this cannot be a crisis, why dont you contact Dell & get one custom made for £399?
It will mean you free-wheeling down hills in your Trabanz, & digging worm for the Grocks & hunttws, but a man of your calibre can do that!
"See you on the ice" Swelleyman
blueskip

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers but I think it's coming to to what you suggest. I'm actually online for the first time today (Trying for 3 hours this morning and 2 this evening) I've now backed-up everything I can but cannot load the Program files I need to access data (photos.)

Any minute It'll drop out aagain! It's not the copy of Windows but the inability of the machine to load it properly. Once I've got my files I'm going to clean the hard disc to see if that works! Convinced its a hardware fault, in which case it's as you suggested! CU soon!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers lads! It is so infuriating! I've managed to get online again this morning after a bit of gardening, so perhaps that's the key as I've been neglecting it this year.

Been on for nearly two hours (without droping out!) looking for tips etc. Must be my copy of Windows (circa 2000) I think as everything I load either goes in or nearly goes in!! Now got all my data saved to disc, so that's working (Nero) I don't get a desktop logo for anything though so I think there must be a box somewhere that I'm not clicking!

Much easier putting elastoplast on me thumb and chucking out!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping that i've come through the crisis as my wonderful computer (it's bl**dy listening I swear) has been on with no hitches for most of theday. A little lesson really about backing up data and knowing where all the program disca are hiding! Still don't know why it misbehaved in the first place but have loaded over 30 Windows updates from Microsoft.

It's very difficult typing with crossed fingers, I can tell you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts