World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm hurting, "AND I DON'T KNOW WHY !!!!!"
I never met George, I only ever commented on his great catch reports, and chatted about fishing stuff as we do on here.
But why the Hell am I still hurting that he's gone, when I never even met the bloke ?????
I deleted my account a few weeks after he passed, as if I'm honest the North east forum for me was George.
But I just keep coming back hoping it was just some scum bag that hacked his account and he is still with us.
Life is such a B---h, there is plenty of scum out there that should not be here, but why did poor old George get called so early, I'm so so angry.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
He was the kindest person I've ever met on here. Took me fishing when I was on holiday up there I only knew him for 3 years but what a lovely guy. We caught a few took me to Seaton sluice amble beach. a few times on Tyne even chanced it to sunderland pier. Will miss him for a long time. Only the good go young. Memories stay for ever thank you George

·
Registered
86 Posts
Totally agree with all that`s been said.I had the privilege and pleasure of fishing with George on a number of occasions.I dont drive and George said not to worry and picked me up from home and off we went having never met him before, as has already been said a real gent.George was a fishing nut and would go at the drop of a hat local or distance, it didnt matter to him as long as he was fishing.Yes i miss him too. ..... George " Bykerfisher " Tweedy you are missed so much by your friends.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Totally agree with all that`s been said.I had the privilege and pleasure of fishing with George on a number of occasions.I dont drive and George said not to worry and picked me up from home and off we went having never met him before, as has already been said a real gent.George was a fishing nut and would go at the drop of a hat local or distance, it didnt matter to him as long as he was fishing.Yes i miss him too. ..... George " Bykerfisher " Tweedy you are missed so much by your friends.
Aye lofty me to . a nice kind man that was mad about fishing

·
Registered
444 Posts
Aye George was always fishing.. he went to loads of different marks and asked me to join him on a few different occasions, unfortunately, I only managed to meet up and fish with him a handful of times due to work commitments. The last time I spoke with him was the day before he died and we were arranging for a meet up at Craster! I'll get up there soon and wet a line or two and hopefully he'll be watching down on me and help me land a huge cod or two!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Aye George was always fishing.. hecwentvto loads of different marks and asked me to join him on a few different occasions, unfortunately, I only managed to meet up and fish with him a handful of times due to work commitments. The last time I spoke with him was the day before he died and we were arranging for a meet up at Craster! I'll get up there soon and wet a line or two and hopefully he'll be watching down on me and help me land a huge cod or two!
Yes m8 fishing smiths is not the same without him being there

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think what we all should have done is as many of us as possible meet up for a fishing session and charged about £2 each, have a good time fishing then passed on the collected funds to his missus!
We could still do this for his anniversary next year, yes I know it's a long way off but, plan now then people will get to know about it and hopefully have a massive turnout?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
To be honest I'd come down for that, cracking idea. Didn't ever meet him but top bloke on here. If you do, let me know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Me to he even picked me up from newbiggin hall when he lived in walsend he liked his extra strong mints to because he eat all mine lol aye and loved my fishing tales from the last 30 odd years and he picked fishing up really fast he had only been doing for 3 years but got hooked streight away it was an absolute pleasure to know & fish with him

·
Registered
86 Posts
Me to he even picked me up from newbiggin hall when he lived in walsend he liked his extra strong mints to because he eat all mine lol aye and loved my fishing tales from the last 30 odd years and he picked fishing up really fast he had only been doing for 3 years but got hooked streight away it was an absolute pleasure to know & fish with him
Hi Richie im sure you and i have fished together with George at Smiths and also opposite the paint factory in Walker.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Richie im sure you and i have fished together with George at Smiths and also opposite the paint factory in Walker.
Yes lofty we have

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think what we all should have done is as many of us as possible meet up for a fishing session and charged about £2 each, have a good time fishing then passed on the collected funds to his missus!
We could still do this for his anniversary next year, yes I know it's a long way off but, plan now then people will get to know about it and hopefully have a massive turnout?
I think it probably be a better idea for the money to go to charity or the coastguard

·
Registered
147 Posts
Costguard . Im thinking that a yearly competition which donates to the RNLI each time would hopefully draw in plenty of keen anglers. Only the monies for a trophy and the engraving would be taken out of this .
Keep these ideas coming please.
I'm still in planning stages.
Even if any of you message me directly or keep it in here in conversation, I'll be grateful.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts