World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite guys,
going to caernarfon this week, are the any marks you can put me on in the straights? any suggestions will do because i'm new to the area any will be happy with watever fish - thanks

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i dont really no mate.. but thinkin of holidaying there next year,, so if u do go i would really appreciate any info from u.. we always go 2 west wales saundersfoot ,,,, tenby area,, but av been talkin about north wales... i used 2 visit caernarfon castle as a kid and harlech,, all the areas beddgellert etc.. but remember fishing blackrock sands which was excellent for flatties wrasse and bass,, i cant remember how far that is from caernarfon but dont think it was that far.. any info from urself or anybody else about blackrock sands especially,, and about how the fishin is there would be very welcome.. thanks guys....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope this helps !

If you leave Caernarvon on the Porthmadog road follow the signs for Dinas Dinlle
and either walk the beach or the dunes north to Belan Fort or alternatively stop at the gate marked Private road by the airfield and note the owners' number ( he does let some people through ) At the furthest point of land you can nearly chuck a brick at Anglesea all sorts of stuff gets forced through this narrow channel when a good tide is running. I saw an Atlantic grey seal enjoying a couple of decent bass
4/5lbs although I must say he had more luck than me. A very likely spot that is best fished early morning or dusk........GOOD LUCK MATE wherever you end up!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fort Belan is good but fishes best on slack water, loads of bass in the summer, not too sure about now though, there are loads of marks along the Straights, try anywhere you can get to the water, lots of snags though, try Felinheli beach not too bad here. There are good tackle shops in Bangor and Caernarfon who will advise you, there are some videos which although a bit ropey give good mark info along the North Wales Coast, they are called Fast and Furious, you can probably get a copy in a tackle shop up there and they give directions to venues in detail.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
no i didnt get 1 from u m8. i got a couple from the other lads i will send u my e. mail address try that thanks mate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts