World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not being able to go out on my boat this weekend, due to some idiot blocking in my boat with 6 pallets of patio slabs. I managed to blag my daughter into lending me her kayak. So it was all sorted for an hour or two this morning, but when I woke up it was raining. I thought sod it im still going, and off I went wearing a pair of shorts and my floaty jacket. The plan was to try a bit of plugging, to see if Mr Bass was around. It took me a while to suss out what to do, between going around in circles and falling off it in the surf ( not that there was much surf ).
Finally I managed to get to the rough ground at the right hand side of Cai bach. It didn’t take long to get some interest in the plug, when I managed to land a bass of about 2lb. It went quiet for a while, and then within ½ an hour I manage another 2 of roughly the same size. After a few hours of getting wet with the rain, I thought I would make my way in. Just as I was retrieving my last cast, my rod doubled over nearly pulling me off the yak. This was one hell of an adrenalin rush, trying to keep my balance and play a fish that didn’t want none of it. After a bit I managed to land a bass of around the 6lb mark, really wish I had scales with me, as my PB is 5.5lb. Sorry there are no pics due to the weather ( my phone aint waterproof ). Think I will need to get myself something better to wear on the yak in the rain, seeing as I plan to be doing this a lot more now.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Buy a yak, see you in Oxwich every weekend, where you will catch more from your yak than you will from your Raider ask Wil2195 :yeah: ask Headlight!:roll1:

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vic i dont think i would want to be sat on that in the winter, its not one of them 13 foot all bells and whistles fishing yaks. Its only about 8 foot, i think its called a frenzy, but it was great fun. Im planing on getting out again tomoz with it, hopefully with no rain.

·
Registered
506 Posts
hi barry

loved your report mate! i could picture you tippin it over, and being more worried about a submerged reel than the fact your drowning! lol

good work on the BASS!

I got a kayak, its a 4 metre 2 man thing, been meaning to fit it out with some rod holders etc but only fished on it once or twice, blanked both times! not REALLY trying as wife AND 2 year old on board but now i know where the wreck is, gona join the hoards! lol

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Belive me, i must have looked like something out of a carry on film. Climb on one side, then straight back off the other side.LOL
PS all fish went back safely.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice one mate will have to come down with you one day. Where did you launch from? Idragged my big game down to ceibach beach last xmas but never it nearly killed me taking it back up the hill would be esier to launch from newquay or aberaeron and paddle over.

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I launched it off cai bach today, your right about that hill tho. Im going to launch from new quay tomoz, and have a bash over the reef.

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice one :thumbs: you from down new quay way or just on hols? i work in the arcade up in quay west so try and get a session a week in down that way cei bach has been my best spot so far. would love to try a bit of fishing off a kayak but i dont think my lil surf-ski i got will be upto the task, i have visions of losing all my kit as i tip over, let us know how you get on today, perfect weather for it looks lush out there... and im sat in work... joy oh joy

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Buy a yak, see you in Oxwich every weekend, where you will catch more from your yak than you will from your Raider ask Wil2195 :yeah: ask Headlight!:roll1:
And exactly what are you implying Mr Blueskip:nono: I"ll have you know I had 7 mega growlers on the good ship Elaine on Sunday:bleh:
If I can get someone to come with me tomorrow I think its time I stocked up on Dab for bait:yeah:

headlight

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
And exactly what are you implying Mr Blueskip:nono: I"ll have you know I had 7 mega growlers on the good ship Elaine on Sunday:bleh:
If I can get someone to come with me tomorrow I think its time I stocked up on Dab for bait:yeah:

headlight
How far off the point were you getting the mega growlers? Wouldnt mind having a go getting a couple more on the yak

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
How far off the point were you getting the mega growlers? Wouldnt mind having a go getting a couple more on the yak
Mile and a quarter Wil. Had runs every drop on live bait but they wouldn"t touch fresh dead:g:

headlight

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice one :thumbs: you from down new quay way or just on hols? i work in the arcade up in quay west so try and get a session a week in down that way cei bach has been my best spot so far. would love to try a bit of fishing off a kayak but i dont think my lil surf-ski i got will be upto the task, i have visions of losing all my kit as i tip over, let us know how you get on today, perfect weather for it looks lush out there... and im sat in work... joy oh joy
Im on hols mate, i own a caravan on Pencnwc. I tried cai bach again today, only managed one take tho. Which i lost about 4 foot from the yak, it was smaller than yesterday tho. There was a lot of boats down there today, pulling their toys about aswell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts