World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sunday was a day with some realy good cast an good weather an a fun day for all.
cain in the sixth round broke the 231mtr line with the 125gram.. hard work dose pay off in the end mate.

an i no he can bet that with the 100grm to..

well done cain:clap::sun:

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Good chucking.

cant wait for the full results.

Jim

·
Registered
547 Posts
cant see where it means anything to cast great distances in big winds either, we`ve seen all the "prima donna`s" at it again this weekend windchasing, dont mean a thing in my book.
i think it de values casting as a whole and smacks in the face those that have gone before and set big distances without big winds.
rules for some rules for others

·
Registered
960 Posts
ahhhhhhh!!!! big cliff!
why is it you`ve got plenty to say from behind a keyboard but you say nothing to my face? you had your chance on sunday.
at least mark jakins had the balls to have his say and i respect him for it.
what i`d really like to know though is what your problem is with me?
have i offended you in any way?
i would be gratefull if you would reply on this as i havent a clue.

·
Registered
547 Posts
ahhhhhhh!!!! big cliff!
why is it you`ve got plenty to say from behind a keyboard but you say nothing to my face? you had your chance on sunday.
an email was sent out basically asking everyone involved not to start of finnish any arguments so i chose to ignore you all day which i done well. bearing in mind you attended to sort matters out face to face like you said on another forum and you didn't say anything to me either.
the only problem i got is how strongly you rubbished everyones pb's that are done in the wind , then you gone and hit one yourself and record it and it was windy sunday you cant deny it, if you feel as strongly about big casts in the wind you should have pulled your lead out and not recorded it:rtfm:

·
Registered
548 Posts
ahhhhhhh!!!! big cliff!

cain does this go for me as well then ?

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Glad i dont attend any of these big casting meets....all sounds a bit lairy to me, wouldnt want to be involved in any kind of ruckus.
PMSL.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
ahhhhhhh!!!! big cliff!
Could I respectfully suggest you take this to PM, failing that I am pretty sure you can guess the conclusion to this thread.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Could I respectfully suggest you take this to PM, failing that I am pretty sure you can guess the conclusion to this thread.

Cheers.
thanks and well said. the only other option would be to create a "big girlies" section and let them loose in there. its time for some to take a leaf out out of the northern casting book, where you will see freindship and casting at its very best.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Forgive me for coming in on something I know little about (tournament casting), but wouldn’t it be fairer if larger events used wind meters?

These have been use in Athletics over the 100 and 200 meters for many years now, stopping any issues over wind assisted times. Any performance where a following wind is over 2 metres per second can’t be classed as a ‘record’. Also, no wind meters, no official record. Tournament casters will have two pb’s. One wind assisted, and one ‘legal.

Most athletic tracks have one of these, so they can’t be that expensive.

Apologies if these are already in use, but it seems a pretty simple solution to me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Forgive me for coming in on something I know little about (tournament casting), but wouldn’t it be fairer if larger events used wind meters?

These have been use in Athletics over the 100 and 200 meters for many years now, stopping any issues over wind assisted times. Any performance where a following wind is over 2 metres per second can’t be classed as a ‘record’. Also, no wind meters, no official record. Tournament casters will have two pb’s. One wind assisted, and one ‘legal.

Most athletic tracks have one of these, so they can’t be that expensive.

Apologies if these are already in use, but it seems a pretty simple solution to me.

DON'T YOU START:thumbdown

PB's don't matter to anyone but the person who cast them. If you are comparing casters by their PB's then you are looking in the wrong place imho

All tournaments that I know of are set up to take advantage of the available conditions. always have been, always will be.

The competitions are entirely comparitive and the best man wins on the day. That is where the prizes are,

There is nothing but Kudos available for any PB's or Records

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it funny how a simple post has become in to a war again oh dear people get so up set wen ya name put on how silly...
:wiggle::wiggle:

G

·
it funny how a simple post has become in to a war again oh dear people get so up set wen ya name put on how silly...
:wiggle::wiggle:

But it makes such good reading, and it's so funny.

I don't now what's happened with the casting crowd, when I used to go to casting days they were good natured events.

Just seems to be alot of dick waving going on these days.

My kids behave better.:nono:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Gotta say, this thread ain't promoting tourny casting very well LOL!!! (I love read about it tho):lmao:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Glad i dont attend any of these big casting meets....all sounds a bit lairy to me, wouldnt want to be involved in any kind of ruckus.
PMSL.
casting meets are freindly,helpfull and informative,everybody has a great time and a good laugh.This thread does not portray are sport in any way:hammer:its just another typical example of what goes on all the time on forums world wide,'people dont think before they write ':oops:so come on lets read about something interesting ,like swing your dicks:eek:hmy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts