World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and Johnothefisher went to Cairnryan last night, hoping for some conger etc. Plenty of mackerel around for fresh bait. tried the front of the lighthouse first but nothing but weed. Moved the the begining of the pier to try for conger (didnt fancy climbing the fence) Lots of people further up the pier. First thing i caught was a nice lobster, 3 1/2lb. Then a small doggie. John had a mackerel head on for conger and got a great run, but unfortunately didnt have a wire trace on so half way in it bit through the snood. Nothing after that up until about 4.30am so decided to pack up and head home. Right at that very moment the midges must have been listening because they came in force for a quick meal before we got packed up.
The lads that came off the pier said they had a conger about 6lb but not much else.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lobster. my favourite meal 24oz stake chips and lobster. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
826 Posts
Me and Will1984 were there last night too lol. We were fishing just over the the side of the fence. Had a few doggies, tons of mackies and a pollack. Fished all night and then dug worm and headed for port logan this afternoon. 24hrs solid fishing, canny beat it pmsl :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Forgot to say, 5 new species to add to this years list too ;)
Ballan wrasse, herring, whiting, pollack and starfish lol

And bumped into a fair few guys from the forum too, nice meeting you guys :)

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Forgot to say, 5 new species to add to this years list too ;)
Ballan wrasse, herring, whiting, pollack and starfish lol

And bumped into a fair few guys from the forum too, nice meeting you guys :)
Hi scottishwolf, I bumped into you just as you were going to dig bait near the snackbar.
Did you get plenty of worm?? Hope you had a good few days fishing.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hey, did you go to Portpatrick last night? We got plenty worm but it's hard digging at the snack bar bit. The other place you suggested was good for rags though ;)

Davie

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
a good run and a bıte off that sounds lıke tope to me.

nıce one on the lobster dıd you eat ıt?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts