World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boom Boom, Scorpion and I headed out fishing on Saturday lunchtime and stopped off at Cairnryan pier for a look and what we saw was unbelievable!!:uhuh:
The pier was busy as usual but we were astonished to see a group of people who had a few children with them, the youngest being about 2 maybe 3 year old, they had climbed the fence and had pushchairs with them for the kids although the kids were not restrained much from what we witnessed.

We left thinking how some people have no fear even when it comes to taking babies onto that pier (Crazy)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Me and big-al struggled over that fence with all our gear, so god knows how they managed it with the kids in tow. I would never take my kids to a place like that as the pier has holes all over it. There are some right silly people going about.

Steven

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Go past the harbour in a boat and you can see the damage much better, it looks scary. If this structure was council owned it would have been demolished years ago. Barrs should at least take the easy option and have the first sections collapsed into the sea. It is a wonder that the health and safety executive do not force their hand.

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
cant get over how they got the push chairs and the weans over the fence it takes me all my time to get over the thing. saying that after a few pints it does get harder.. Still NO PLACE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN:bicycle:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Boom Boom, Scorpion and I headed out fishing on Saturday lunchtime and stopped off at Cairnryan pier for a look and what we saw was unbelievable!!:uhuh:
The pier was busy as usual but we were astonished to see a group of people who had a few children with them, the youngest being about 2 maybe 3 year old, they had climbed the fence and had pushchairs with them for the kids although the kids were not restrained much from what we witnessed.

We left thinking how some people have no fear even when it comes to taking babies onto that pier (Crazy)
So where did you's end up fishing and did you's catch anything >?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We could just imagine one of the pushchairs being blown off the pier as the wind was picking up so we didn't hang about in case we witnessed something that would no doubt live with us for the rest of our lives.

SAD PEOPLE

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Go past the harbour in a boat and you can see the damage much better, it looks scary. If this structure was council owned it would have been demolished years ago. Barrs should at least take the easy option and have the first sections collapsed into the sea. It is a wonder that the health and safety executive do not force their hand.
These big company's are the Health and Safety Executive. Its the same in the building trade, the NHBC is made up from members of all the top companies, thats how they get away with murder as they employ the guys.

Steven

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
im just back from the pier and im disgusted with all the rubbish lying there from people fishing, i try to take stuff home but this is the worst ive ever seen it :thumbdown

on topic, ive never seen younge kids like that on it, thats bad!

·
Registered
27 Posts
when i was on that pier i didnt feel safe.to take children on is just stupid!i wouldnt risk my kids life for a fish. SENSIBLE FISHING 2008.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
By the way at 57 years young I struggle to get over the fence,cheers for the hand up tack4 :huh

I cannot believe anglers will take their kids onto the pier - it is an accident waiting to happen :sad:

BUT in the "Stranraer Free Press" seen the story/caption of a 14yr old lad getting a 25lb tope off the said structure and releasing it.

Has this been posted already??? prob is with this popular forum that a posting will vanish into the "ether"(page two) within hours

God I am well slaid :drunk:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
im just back from the pier and im disgusted with all the rubbish lying there from people fishing, i try to take stuff home but this is the worst ive ever seen it :thumbdown

on topic, ive never seen younge kids like that on it, thats bad!
I noticed that myself the other week when i was there for the first time, it strewn with rubbish. Its definitely the anglers that are leaving it. I found a chopping board still covered in dried out bait. Shame about the state of that pier, if the council in the area got there act together and fixed the pier up they could be quids in about that area. When anglers would flock to fish for Tope from the shore, bringing money into the area. Madness.

Steven

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meant to say!

On our way back home we stopped off at Cairnryan pier and had a walk along and found about 20 fresh lugworm (biggest we have ever seen) they had obviously been left by someone CHEERS :thumbs:, Just wish i knew where to dig ones that big.

·
Registered
627 Posts
3 of us went on the old pier, a bonus straight away being able to drive along to the pier was a help, 2 cars were actualy at the fence that you climb over, nice 1, i wish the fishing was as good as the weather but no ,5 dogs and some mackies did anybody see thousands of sand eels round the pier?maybe thats why the mackies were hard to get,cheers guys:marinheir

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yip there were loads of them at the bay side of the pier especially at the end of the pier

·
Registered
555 Posts

hey kimbo , myself and scottish wolf fished the pier sat aswell, stayed on to fish through sat night as for the rubbish there was tonnes of it all over the place, aswell as piles of gut and tones of weed left around, one thing to note was the amount of mackie bashers that were just killing for the sake of it, we had 3 diff people come and ask us if we would like ther fish that they had caught. :mellow:

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
everyone and there mother are on the pier cause there all hoping to get a tope as everyone says its rife with them:thumbdown,also feel because everyone fishes it,alot of ppl just think its ok to fish cause they see everyone else fishing.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
yeah and plenty of summer fishermen who we soon we wont see for a year

1 - 20 of 26 Posts