World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to cairnryan pier last week for a tope/conger session. Got down there at the back of ten and the watchman guy came up to us and told us that we couldn't fish the pier because a couple of folk were there two or three weeks back and ripped up his shed for fire wood:nono:. Dafties! He also said that barr were coming down to asses the pier before they blew up a section of it!? and sure enough a couple of hours later they did. Back to the fishing, total washout for all four of us. So whoever ripped up the pier cost us a days fishing. B*******S. Not amused, but coincidently couple of guys that i know came into the shop and told me they were the ones who did it!!!!

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
everything seemed ok when i was down last sunday

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u'll only get chibbed off if the guys working and sees u. If he does, he l start blowing a bloody wistle at u... a whistle for crying out loud!!!!

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
haha al take ma own whistle with me, and just annoy him

·
Banned
15,237 Posts
Surprised the pier has hasn't already been blown. It's obvious it's never going to be used for anything else apart from fishing. The thing that makes it dangerous is having to climb the bloody fence. There used to be another side to it which has been demolished. Don't remember it, have seen pictures.

Will be a shame to see it go, if it does, is very good fishing ground.

Please keep us informed, was thinking about a trip down there soon,

Stevie. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
when he blows his whistle tell him hes breaching your human rights and he could be prosecuted. hell sh1t himself.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
just ignore him.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
its not the same guy from father ted with the beach hut and whistle

G

·
Not amused, but coincidently couple of guys that i know came into the shop and told me they were the ones who did it!!!!
And i presume you told them the error of their stupid ways? I'd gve their names to the guy who's shed it was personally. Criminal damage and the possibility of getting a fishing mark closed because of it is not a laughin matter.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Surprised the pier has hasn't already been blown. It's obvious it's never going to be used for anything else apart from fishing. The thing that makes it dangerous is having to climb the bloody fence. There used to be another side to it which has been demolished. Don't remember it, have seen pictures.

Will be a shame to see it go, if it does, is very good fishing ground.

Please keep us informed, was thinking about a trip down there soon,

Stevie. :)

Yes the North side of the military harbour disappeared due to an explosion when ammunition destined for the Beauforts **** was accidently ignited, with a loss of army lives. Hundreds of thoudsands of tons were dumped from that port, and whole ships full of chemical and gas agents were scuttled along with 100 German submarines and numerous aircraft. Lookin at the remaining pier from a boat, it does look dodgy, especially with two sections already collapsed. If this structure was owned by either local council or the government, it would have been demolished years ago on safety grounds. The simplest method now would be for Barr to request the military to blow up the first two sections, navy demolition teams would have excelent training completing this task, and let the remainder rot away.

·
Registered
826 Posts
There was a thread similar to this before. There is no trespass law in Scotland and as long as you are not causing any damage nobody can tell you to move. I fished the pier all last night and some of today, as did a lot of other people and no-one had any problems.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
There was a thread similar to this before. There is no trespass law in Scotland and as long as you are not causing any damage nobody can tell you to move. I fished the pier all last night and some of today, as did a lot of other people and no-one had any problems.
thats cause the fella aint there at weekends

·
Registered
851 Posts

Just a warning....and I have lost count how many times I have fished the coal pier,so i am not getting at you.......
There might not be a trespass law,but you can be asked to move on, and by climbing the fence onto the pier, you lost all your rights, because you are on private property, and not supposed to be there....hence the fence,and warning signs

G

·
There is no trespass law in Scotland and as long as you are not causing any damage nobody can tell you to move. I fished the pier all last night and some of today, as did a lot of other people and no-one had any problems.
True there is no tresspass law in Scotland but under Health & Safety Act they can remove you from the pier due to it's unsafe nature and the risk of harm to yourself (hence the fence). Therefore you are endagering yourself and they have every right to remove you. If they wanted to stop you entering you would have no recourse and you would just have to bang your gums on here about it.

There might not be a trespass law,but you can be asked to move on, and by climbing the fence onto the pier, you lost all your rights, because you are on private property, and not supposed to be there....hence the fence,and warning signs
Exactly

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Passed by 2 hrs ago. It was thick with anglers

·
Registered
152 Posts
me and a few freinds were on cainryan pier last monday not the best fishing but iff ya go on after 3 the old watch man finishes work so you can fish away:nono:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And i presume you told them the error of their stupid ways? I'd gve their names to the guy who's shed it was personally. Criminal damage and the possibility of getting a fishing mark closed because of it is not a laughin matter.
i went nuts twas quite funny actually. P.S i did ignore him but he foned the police and then they chibbed us off!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts