World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone please help, I'm fishing caister beach for the first time on Sunday morning armed with rag, squid, peeler and a few hardback, obviously searching for the hounds but can you tell me when is the best state of tide to fish, ie low water up, high tide down any advice would be very helpful, Thanks guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello. I'm no expert but I've had most luck this year at high water fishing down. When I say more luck 3 visits this summer, several hounds on 2 visits from hw to mid ebb. 1 visit bottom up lots of Whiting. All hounds caught at dusk or in dark. Seem to be less about at mo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello. I'm no expert but I've had most luck this year at high water fishing down. When I say more luck 3 visits this summer, several hounds on 2 visits from hw to mid ebb. 1 visit bottom up lots of Whiting. All hounds caught at dusk or in dark. Seem to be less about at mo.
Thanks Richard I'm thinking of going about 4 o'clock sun morning just as it starts getting light, fishing till about 9-30 am. Do you know what the weed situation is like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Richard I'm thinking of going about 4 o'clock sun morning just as it starts getting light, fishing till about 9-30 am. Do you know what the weed situation is like.

not been there for a couple of weeks. was bad mid to high tide then. better 2 hrs either side of tide.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I don't know of anyone that's fished it recently, but traditionally, high water has always been the time for the Hounds at Second Avenue, Caister. The weed often makes it tough to fish while the tide runs, as it hammers through there. It's also usually the bigger casters that find the Hounds. Sorry if that's not exactly inspirational, but best to be prepared.

Good luck when you go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, looks like I'm going to have a struggle then, at least I know what to expect so won't expect to much but will try my best.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hounds tend to turn up at slack water and a hour or so after you may need to blast one out and drop one shorter till you find em crab being the favoured bait .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts