World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello
I would be very interested to know how that goes next weekend, I'm going to miss it again this year! Won't be home until 25th of May.
Are there many boats entering?
How's that new boat doing?
Rgds TB

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three boats being brought over from Orkney and the Hebridean Warrior from Scrabster. 40 anglers fishing for a first prize of £300.

Davie will know doubt let you know how the Stormdrift is doing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can you use your own boat, or do you have to be on the appointed boats?

Has anybody been out in the area recently.
We were out in my usual haunts down the firth a few weeks ago and only managed one pollok betweek 5 of us, worst day out for a long time.
Our bit is usually at it's poorest in March and April but normally as bad as that!

Rgds TB

Three boats being brought over from Orkney and the Hebridean Warrior from Scrabster. 40 anglers fishing for a first prize of £300.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts

There is hope for you yet... with 7 species last Sunday - http://www.mv-stormdrift2.co.uk/e107_plugins/guestbook/guestbook.php - Plus a few just short of double figures, things are finally picking up ;)

All the best lads and lassies and have lots of fun out there :boat:

Stormdrift will be fishing at her leisure for both days of the event but we will drop by from time to time to see how you're all doing?

Best of luck

Davey

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you use your own boat, or do you have to be on the appointed boats?

Has anybody been out in the area recently.
We were out in my usual haunts down the firth a few weeks ago and only managed one pollok betweek 5 of us, worst day out for a long time.
Our bit is usually at it's poorest in March and April but normally as bad as that!

Rgds TB
It's a charter boat competition, Tony.

Been out a few times and plenty of fish about although not in the best of condtion yet after spawning.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
It's still a wee bit early to tell but for Saturday you may be looking at southerlies of up 10knts with very little swell. Sunday might be a bit more lively if the low front hits us with the pressure dropping to 998 and a westerly wind freshening up to around 20knts.

Tides for Saturday are:

11:07 4.16m
23:23 4.25m

Sunday

11:44 3.99m
23:58 4.13m

And as of last weekend the Coalies are still pretty thin on the ground :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts