·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my folks have just bought a little place in California,
"that's great" i said,
"i wonder what the fishing is like!"...

can anyone shed any light on this area and it's local environs?

summer - any good for bass, sole or smoothies?
winter - any cod around?

i don't know much about the area at all, fished further south at aldeburgh etc, but never this far north or any further!

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
hop skip and jump from yarmouth . assuming its the uk california lol, nice little spot for winter as your central to lowestoft or yarmouth not fished area for a long long time but im sure a freindly yocal will be able to update you more specifically

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks BM, no one else has has responded so i guess it's a case of suck it and see!
thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
come on guys some little help from some locals !!!:clap:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Cali is very underfished but can produce at times.
Access is by a ramp just past the Cali Tavern, there is also a ramp om rottenstone lane towards Scratby, a few hundred yards further north.
It can be very good for school bass from late april to early June.
Evenings and early mornings best, the fishing is better and you avoid the holiday makers of whom there can be many.
Ideally you want some chop on the water as well and I'd fish it an hour or two over the top and a couple down.
Baits peeler, rag or lug at a push.
Can produce good flounders as well.
Never fished it high summer, just to busy.
Autumn brings the whiting and also bass again if it's rough.
It's hardly a cod beach but they are caught here and in the surrounding area, it maybe worth your while going a little further south to Caister come November time but weed can be a problem there and the tides can be much stronger.
Fish baits for the whiting, lug for cod.
Scratby Garden centre sells lug, Dabs and crabs at scratby is a good fish monger and will have mackerel and herring etc in season.
Hope that's a bit of help for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts