World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right lads, i'm about (end of the week) to make my Summer foray to the North Beach or anywhere close with 'guranteed' fish!

• What's happening and where?
  • What's all this about Bass at Pakefield? Are they still about?
  • What's the bait situation like, as last year I couln't find any fresh 'cos the fishing was so poor.
  • Has the Windmill at Ness point attracted/chased away the fish yet?
See you about!

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only managed two tides and blanked!
However one 'fish' was just South of Ness point off the rocks, after the (mythical?) Bass.
When the tide turned after the ebb I suddenly started pulling in masses and masses of red seaweed and flat sponges obviously broken free by some commercial fishing (Shrimping??) I shudder to think how large an area has been destroyed by chains etc. and presumably prevented from re-growing by more pillaging?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've watched a chap with a dropnet pull out at least a dozen edible crabs at Ness.
Just find a gap in the rocks where you can get a net down.
In the area Pakefield beach has always been good to me as has Hopton and North beach at Yarmouth.
On a certain beach in North Norfolk me and a buddy have pulled a gallon of Brown shrimp in two passes between 2 groynes....as well as hardbacks,weavers
and all species in minuture(and some eating sole)
This is with a 2 man pull net at waist level....just past the brass monkey level :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its the whole beach entertainment thingie.
We will have our rods fishing and then move about 50yd along the beach and try a bit of shrimping (low water)
I've also got a hand built shrimp push net.
An old chip pan and a primus stove and its lunch.

The tides always have their good and bad times....so rather than feeding expensive lug to the crabs just bang out a whole squid on a pennel and get netting. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi swellyman! nice to know your blanking & doing your bit for conserving our fish stocks. youll find it harder to catch fish on this coast mate. where are you fishing exactly? pier, beach,? i only live 10 minutes away, a bit of local knowledge from a (lying old duffer like me,)just could help. come on swelly i will help if i can. by the way there is a top bass mark quite close to where you are, p.s. those lowestoft boys are famous for sending you away from there fave marks.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now you tell me! I've been visiting Lowestoft for over 40 years as my wife's family live there, but never fished it 'cos it's so different to the Swellies back home! Just over two years ago I decided to try this shingly beach malarky and now I fish there about every two months. Mostly the North Beach but have thoughts for Pakefield and other places. For two years now i've fished at Aldeburgh for a week at a time (caught more this year but still nothing big - though a great time) Obviously it was May and perhaps the Autumn's the best time for the East Coast. Certainly i've caught more in Lowestoft after October. Yes I did notice the fish conservation bit! I'm going in for the fish CONVERSATION bit - i'll talk to anyone!

I will be very pleased to be given the 'gen' from the 'master'! Next time i'm coming down i'll let you know! Thanks alot! Have a good time in Skye!

·
Registered
480 Posts
was reports of codling of kessingland beach jus afore 23rd dec ,, paul on the market fish stall had a trip out ,he had a trio ,had to cast past the weed,75yds or so..lots been on the beach this weekend from inland taking holiday at knights chalet park,,, going thursday so will post any results

1 - 10 of 10 Posts