World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!

I wondered if any anglers from North Wales could help in recommending any nice fishing marks up there?

My wife, son and I are visiting my parents near Porthmadog this time next month and I'm hoping to get out fishing a couple of times.

The immediate coastal area of Morfa Harlech is a mixture of shallow, open, sandy beach to the right with a vast area of large natural bolders to the left. I have fished here with my beach casters before but with little success clearly due to my lack of that vital local knowledge.

I wouldn't mind fishing here if anyone has any tips on this area of beach, but really I'm most interested to fish from my favoured rock marks, or jetties, piers and break-waters. If you guys from that part of the world can recommend any of these types of feature within a 45 minute drive of this area I would be most most most greatful!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Have a look at the posts on Phwelli (spelt something like that anyway) good fishing spot and a place to take the familly if you have too!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Moved it for you.

I don't shore fish and Porthmadoc is outside the range of my boat so I can't help you, I have heard that bream are coming out from the beach at Pwllheli near the pink house to mini shrimp rigs baited with squid or bits of mack. When I drive down that way there are allways loads of big mullet cruising around in summer on the salt marsh by the cob, may be worth trying for them? Portmerion has some huge sandflats that look bassy and must hold flatties of all sorts.

Good luck

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi mate,
ya might wanna try the beach at pwtheli at the end of the beach near gimlet rock i heard it is good for perch also bass to plugs at dawn or dusk is very good and on a calm day you are probably in with a chance for macky.
also uwcmadog at the top of lleyn is good as well it has been in one of the fishing mags a month or 2 ago.

tell us how it goes.

hope this has been valueable.

sam

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi why not try shell island just down the road,head for barmouth.good fishing,great beach and a pub.shaggy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers all,

Some nice ideas and pointers there,

I have actually booked up to go out on a boat from Conway but I also want to get a bit of shore fishing in too as it can be part of a family day...

Any more pointers for jetties and ock fishing will be very welcome!

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts