World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi piip's just to let you know how the day ended today
left marina 8.30 was supose to be just after 8am but delay getting fuel
down to buxey across the spit way by tripod as some fish where showing on the fishfinder
after an hour nothing doing apart from the usual weed
moved over to middle deep found a nice drop of and some fish showing after about another hour 1 smooth on crab but alas only 3lb3oz
joined by batanbowl and luke27 on his boat essjay
we had about 1 1/2 hour on the turn of the tide but nothing in 55'
of water i then moved back south to the shallows and got 2 more hounds 1 of 3lb6oz and just one more of 6lb4oz all on crab :headhurt:
mike and his mate on pegasus where at this spot earlier and just had a few but didn't get a chance to ask the finel catch via radio sorry guy's
tide where low 4.8 compared with the huge 6.1 last sat but then i did have the sun ,no wind till later and that was just a breeze ,best of all no work just chillen and that's the best part
till the next time piip's ave a good un of early to enjoy another full weekend in norfolk on THE OTHER BOAT ohhh the presure of enjoying ones self ??????????? just gota sample the local beer ,the think's i have to do

Frank:drunk:

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Nice report Frank, was earwigging on the radio, it did not sound very hectic, got the port engine sorted, failed to find my finger though, (strange smell of roast pork emmiting from exhaust) any way will be out Sunday, as Saturday looks a bit iffy. Have a good holiday m'dear, have you got a lioght boy?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad to hear the engine now sorted but not shure about the PORK
smell i would have thought BEEFY :laugh:
yep just what can happen out there but i still had a woop woop day and that's what matter's to me the fish are just a nice bonus
we are only away today and back tom night and will be back out sat
hoping the wheather is good but 4.7 tide is not so good
take it easy folk's and keep ya fingers out of machinary :crazy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Frank,
When I saw you on the fuel pontoon I asked the fella to hang on for 5 mins while I came round. Got a flat refusal so we too had a 25min wait for someone to turn up.
Caught nothing around the East Barrow at all, as you say there was virtually no tide run at all. With our boat speed of 9kts and no one seeming to catch we decided we may as well be catching nothing a bit nearer home so moved back at low water. Had a Bass and a hound along the Buxey Sand. Nice weather though, so that eased the disappointment.
Had a super fry up for lunch too.
Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
Always nice to put a face and voice to fellow wsf-ers.

As you report, it wasn't the most hectic of days as far as fish caught but was a glorious day weather wise.

We swung around all day due to a very slight tidal run, which is why I believe the fishing was so poor, I don't think the current was strong enough to carry the baits scent before it dispersed, to draw the fish in. I think you had to virtually drop the bait on a fish's head for it to know it was there, thats my opinion :headhurt:

The day started OK, with me getting a small roker within the first half hour or so, but that was it for most of the day. It wasn't until we moved further north (North Hook) from the mark that we met up with Baccaruda, that Luke27 could stop fretting about blanking, as he then had only his second bite of the day and after thinking the fish had gone, he brought his rod in to check his bait hadn't gone, only to find he had a bass of 2lb still hanging on, not the biggest in the world but at least he didn't blank.

Ron called me after you had moved Frank, although he did think I was someone called Malcolm from wsf, he said he had had a good morning session but then died a death like the rest of us mere mortals.

Crap fishing but what a day to be out there, when I got home the misses asked what had happened to the pale person that had left in the morning.

·
Registered
543 Posts
good to meet you mate and well done on the fishing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts