World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Calshot activities centre slipway

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Ian B. 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals

Has anyone here used calshots boat launch ramp

Getting my first boat ready for the end of March and have been looking at sites to launch from and this looks promising

Any info greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Not used it mate but have been there many times. There are 2 the main one by the RNLI lifeboat station which is very steep! Looks the the people who have thier boats there use a tractor to get it in. Im not sure if there is anywhere to tie up once in the water

There is also a second one tucked away opp the activity center now this one has a much shallower gradient but is very narrow but doable in a car. This one also has a pontoon at the bottom that you can tie up to but is subject to tide

These both come at as cost pay at machine i usually Bucklers hard but my mooring is there other wise its a couple miles out to the solent but a nice plod down the river

#3 ·
Sounds good to me the steeper ramp could be better for me as my trailer sits quite tall..... boat will be floating quicker
Would a 4x4 be able to use this ramp without much fuss?

I would like a ramp I can use at all tide states as I'm not limited on time at sea then if you get my drift....

#4 · (Edited)
calshot..i have used the end slip (the steep one ) a few times. 17.6ft boat and had a ford galaxy at the time. no problems. at the time it was £11 to launch and for the parking and a good flush and wash down after wards. the good thing about it is your on the fishing nearly straight away.
there is also a good slip(tarmack) in southampton next to the itchen bridge.crosshouse.. free launch and trailor park but have to pay for car park. and your mostly out of the flow so quite easy to get back on the trailor. but its a bit of a run out to calshot from here.

#5 ·
Don't mind paying to park or launch I wanted to use Lymington slip but it doesn't reach all tides

Calshot was the next best bet for full tidal range. Also has the added benefit of wash down but not a pontoon to tie up too unless I motor down to the other shallow slip and tie up there to park the car

Is the Southampton slip avaliable at all tides?

#8 ·
That's great thanks gives me an option if one or the other is busy I can sneek round lol

Got some information back via email for calshot today it's 16.80 to launch recover and parking for the car and trailer also includes wash down

They do a yearly pass for 190 so I can use it as much as I like including parking again etc etc

I was thinking of going over to the Isle of Wight for a long weekend and they said arrangements can be made to leave the car there so works well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.