World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please let me know what time calshot opens so you can park inside the gates to fish near the castle?Is there anywhere else to park near the castle area so i wouldnt have to trudge gear for miles?Heading down there for first light tomorrow intent of bream.Many thanks for any usefull info.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You have to be a member of the Calshot Sports Association to be able to fish there... best give the Activities Centre a ring on 023 8089 2077 to find out what the current charges are for joining.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You have to be a member of the Calshot Sports Association to be able to fish there... best give the Activities Centre a ring on 023 8089 2077 to find out what the current charges are for joining.
is that so you can park there or so that you can fish there? i was thinking about walking up the beach to the point from Calshot tomorrow to fish the point

·
Registered
521 Posts
is that so you can park there or so that you can fish there? i was thinking about walking up the beach to the point from Calshot tomorrow to fish the point
Only members of Calshot Fishing Club who must be members of the Association are allowed to fish past the gates, the last time I heard the membership fee does include parking.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are a member,can you fish at night?Let us know how you get on dytiscus.Can they legally stop you walking along the beach?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
So that you can park and fish... you may be lucky not to get moved on if you take the chance to walk in... I used to fish there fairly regularly 10-15 years ago... think it cost about £20 a year back then... the security guys would regularly patrol the area and ask you to move if you weren't a club member... don't know if that would still be the case now though.

Fishing used to be fairly good at times... had some nice bass to around 7lb, thornbacks, cod and a few smoothounds amongst the usual pout and dogs... even lost a decent conger there once and a friend of mine had one over 30lb fishing from a boat less than 100 yards off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts