World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, me and the missus have a tent, a gas cooker, and estate car, inflatable beds, and both love fishing. Seems only natural to sod off somewhere fishing, drinking and sleeping under the stars.

Anyone have any suggestions for suitable places? Particularly ones not involving a camping site, although camping sites are fine.

Just think... fish... eat... drink.. fall into tent... snore... sunrise.

Seems like a plan to me ;)

Likewise

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
i would say chesil mate.......

tide hardly moved from high to low so you wont have to keep worrying about moving all the time......

hope thi helps m8,

tight lines and all the best,

steffyenck.

·
Registered
905 Posts
West Hook Farm near Marloes, Pembs - rarely gets busy and right on the sea

Llangennith, Gower - camp in the dunes or at Hill End

Whitford Sands, Gower - campsite at Broughton or in the dunes

Tears Point, Gower, campsites nearby

Enjoy

DH

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
camping site in west wales down at angle mate close t 2 pubs showers on site within walking distance of 3 good bass marks that r producing already to crab at £5 a night bargain,failing that the dunes on freshwater east is,nt a bad alternative

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Burry Holms used to go there all the time for 3-4 tides brill in summer bass mullet mackies flatties etc etc.Also Sully Island in summer if you get fed up of isolation nip over to The Captain's Wife!I've had 2 double figure bass from the very secret small green patch in the middle of the island (not the big one!!!) on sandeel.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Bit of a jaunt for you from down South but ace during the off peak is SHell Island, one of the few places you can still light a fire ! Club house, showers, loads of clean loos, restraunt, pub, shops and miles and miles of beaches. Fishng aint so bad, close to the Lyn peninsular, Phwelli ( you know what I mean ! LOL )Barmouth, Snowdon range. http://www.shellisland.co.uk/

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Bit of a jaunt for you from down South but ace during the off peak is SHell Island, one of the few places you can still light a fire ! Club house, showers, loads of clean loos, restraunt, pub, shops and miles and miles of beaches. Fishng aint so bad, close to the Lyn peninsular, Phwelli ( you know what I mean ! LOL )Barmouth, Snowdon range. http://www.shellisland.co.uk/
hi sally i went on the other fishing site up north i put a few posts on they seem a good set of lads but not as keen on sharing info i thought not like you i might add lol you keep on catching those colwyn bay bass and maybe i'll park up next to you there one day and we can share a cuppa .
camping here in s.west wales i would take my motorhome every time if i could get a pitch in pendine right by the garage. failing that in between laughne and pendine there's a site called brooke farm 10 quid a night elec hook up and ideal for pendine and the cockle beach ginst point i think it's called .
myself i park anywhere as long as it's free and no bad signs against camping vans cos we are treated like as if we have the plague ohh they hate us in our .
saundersfoot 's ok i pay and park up all day in the harbour and fish all through the tide off the wall dont catch much mind but it's fun and an easy mark with tea on tap as well lol. i might see the lads there this yr off the forum i hate whiting and co so lads see you there tightlines andy ILSF..:boat: :boat:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Llangennith, need i say more.

******:)
yeh fight the surfies i stayed there once woke up surrounded by them parked their vw's all over the place could not get out then the beach they were everywhere dodging my leads as i was casting out swearing at me when i hit them dont know why mind?good mark mind just not my best place for my motorhome.tightlines andyILSF..:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi, me and the missus have a tent, a gas cooker, and estate car, inflatable beds, and both love fishing. Seems only natural to sod off somewhere fishing, drinking and sleeping under the stars.

Anyone have any suggestions for suitable places? Particularly ones not involving a camping site, although camping sites are fine.

Just think... fish... eat... drink.. fall into tent... snore... sunrise.

Seems like a plan to me ;)

Likewise
That just has to be the best plan, not sure bout the sleeping bit tho lol. U should come here to West wales. North of the county very nice, St Davids to fishguard area, theres a few camp sites in st davids. Or out towards Dales - St Brides. All very quiet at this time of year. In fact the whole coastal area is lovely.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Worms head (Rhossilli) if you can manage the walk, get on the island low water and when the tide comes in its just great to be cut off from everything :idea: :love: :slap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts