World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During August I intend to drop off the kids with the Grandparents and go fishing for a couple of nights in the West Wales area. Can anyone suggest any venues where there is a campsite right next to the sea. i.e. somwhere where I don't have to yomp for a few miles before reaching the sea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hiya Bud,got A Good Mark For U! If U Fancy Going Up As Far As Haverford West ,then Head For Dale. On The Way You'll See A Sign For Marloes. Follow That For A Mile Or Two And Take The Turn For Martins Haven.
That Will Take U Through Marloes Village The Back Way.
Pass The Post Office And On For About Half A Mile On A Skinny Road.
On The Right U Will See A Sign For 'hook Farm'
Go In There And Camp Where You Want. Its £4.50 Per Night For Adults.
Mainly Flat At The Top Of Field And Then Runs Downhill.
Place Has Got Two Showers And 3 Toilets.
No Shops Or Any-thing But The Old Dear Has A Freezer In Her Shed For Ice Packs/bait Etc.
At The Bottom Of The Field Turn Left Over Stile And Walk 30 Feet Or So.
Go Down Bank On Your Right Side(take Care Here,very Steep Onto Sharp Rocks)wear Good Boots.
Fishing Is Into 30 Feet Or So Of Water And Holdsa Just About Any Fish U Could Want.
Loads Of Mackerel/pollock/wrasse/conger/dogs/huss/ And The Odd Few Bass.
Broken Ground Just Out In Front ,but Sand Further On.
Hope U Give It A Go Dude,i Know Its A Long Way But Its Usually Well Worth The Trip.
Good Luck 'bro
Jay

G

·
I generally find that if you turn right and look for a stone in a path and follow that path all the way down. That is another nice area where I have had Wrasse, Pollack nice colour on the pollack, bass, mackerel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts