World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Selsey on saturday can anyone tell me where to fish for the hounds as i have not been down there before. I have been looking at the forum and most of the reports are saying the windmill. Where is the windmill and what sort of rigs do i need Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
As you drive in the caravan site you will see the windmill, there is a carpark next to it, park there and walk over to the beach. As for rigs a fixed paternoster rigged with pennel hooks (3/0 are fine some use smaller) is a hard rig to beat (my fave), alot of people have swapped over to a pulley rig but either will catch fish. Bang on a crab bait, cast it and await your prize................................

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have to say that with HW at around 7pm on Saturday, you'll probably find it a complete waste of time for hounds... better off waiting til at least Tuesday.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for that but got work all next week would like to go but with the time it will take me to get dowm there it will be time to come as i start work at 4.30 once again thanks for your help

·
Registered
68 Posts
i fished by the windmill monday night, from half 11 till half 4am, quit a few along the beach, and not one had a smut, a nice guy came along and asked if we had any and noone else had caught one, only really small pouting, to the point where i didnt even relise it was on my line untill it was in my hand, from what everyone has said looks like they are gone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts