World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 1000 bait clips off ebay and I have tested the breaking strain myself using a tripod and weights, the bait clips start to bend at 50lbs.

I need some that are strong up to 80lb?

can anyone recommend a supplier who has bait clips of at least 80lb breaking strain?

·
Registered
179 Posts
you mean clips only? Look on the rosco range of clips. Not cheap, but do carry what rosco says they will do carry.
Asari are also said to be good, did not test em myself till now...
Cheers
Thomas

G

·
How are you managing to get 50lb of strain on a bait clip?
Do you mean lead clip? If so I have never had a problem with gemini clips, bait or lead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you mean clips only? Look on the rosco range of clips. Not cheap, but do carry what rosco says they will do carry.
Asari are also said to be good, did not test em myself till now...
Cheers
Thomas
ill check rosco and asari out thanks.
I mean the weight/baitclip for attaching your lead and hooking your hook onto during casting.

Thanks for the advice Thomas

Regards Gareth

G

·
Right, now I see.Still recommend gemini.I sometimes use a lead/bait clip combined but mostly use a separate bait clip.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are you managing to get 50lb of strain on a bait clip?
Do you mean lead clip? If so I have never had a problem with gemini clips, bait or lead.[/Q

I was hanging 50lb weight from the clip the lead attaches on to. weight clip probably better term than bait clip.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Gemini Super Strength links, never had one bend out

·
Registered
9,157 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fishermangaz

Have you tried casting with them? I doubt whether they will bend.

Tim
I haven't tried casting with them, but I am planning on making rigs to sell and I understand people do not think the ready made rigs are very reliable or strong, so I want to try and get some weight clips that are as strong as possible when i test them with weight. weight helps me measure their strength more precisely.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to test the quality/strength of rigs?

G

·
The best way to get them tested is to make some up and give them to anglers to test.You'll get lots of feedback from actual fishing conditions rather than bench tests which don't always show the best results.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Item number 331101904463 on Ebay, used these for years, very strong and much bigger than the gemini

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Gemini are not much good if you use big baits on big hooks, ie 5/0 -7/0 pennels with a whole stuffed squid as they release during the cast, binned the gemini for the bigger power versions,

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks for the test Rigs Gareth.
I've sent you a pm, below should be the pic's I tried to send you of my Rigs.

Cheers
Si.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts