World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent bought a floatation suit before but im getting right back into me shore fishing and unsure of what suit to buy.

can you give me any of your own preferences or suit you prefer any why.

if you have links for suits let me know, im ideally looking for a breathable one for around £80.

thanx

·
Registered
563 Posts
Do a search on here.lots of threads with lots of opinions.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i havent bought a floatation suit before but im getting right back into me shore fishing and unsure of what suit to buy.

if you have links for suits let me know, im ideally looking for a breathable one for around £80.

thanx
iv got a sundridge hi tec 2 piece and its seems ok to me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
hi there
as above sundridge are a good light flotation suit at a very good price
i my self would go for the one piece though
the imax do a nice one but is slightly heavier at around £100
regards ollie

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Try a search for Sundridge crossflow or En-tec on the auction site, if you are lucky you may find one for just over £80.

They are a good make............:thumbs:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try a search for Sundridge crossflow or En-tec on the auction site, if you are lucky you may find one for just over £80.

They are a good make............:thumbs:
um i won a crossflow 2 weeks ago and it not arrived as of yet and can't contact the seller. now put in a clame for it now. won it for £40 but that don't mean nothing if you don't get it:mad::banghead:

·
Read Only
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for advice, i have come across the imax for £80 but one piece and ave had my eye on the sundridge just not sure what 1 do get, whats the diference in say the entec and crossflow are they both breathable

cheers

·
Registered
409 Posts

thanx
I have just got a Sundridge Entec 2pc, it is light, comfortable and has plenty of room to move in it. Cant wait for those cold wet days/nights to try it out?:unsure:
I was told that they are going up in price by as much as £40, so if you are going to get one Grab it now?
Paid £120 for suit, RT thermal wellies and Shimano tribal gloves all from Mainwarings.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
the crossflow is breathable. Imax ones dont have a very good reputation, binned mine after a few sessions when it started to fall apart, too heavy and usually drier outside than in.

·
Read Only
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for the info, im no one for brand names anyways, there not all there cracked up to be, al check out sundridge everybody seems to like them

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
not essential but cuts out the sweat.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I've got a Fladen one pice and it is great in the winter and reasonably priced too.
I would say to go for the two piece though.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I got a Fladen one from everyone's favourite auction site for peanuts. It's a Fladen so it's pretty well made. It's a two-piece and was ISO standard and all that jazz. It was a former year's model or something - still brand new - but I think it was about £60 if I remember.

It's a little bulky when you're just walking around in the dry on the beach but I bet it feels a WHOLE load better when you're floating around in the freezing cold sea.

Fingers crossed I don't ever get to know what it's like though.....

I think it must be ok though 'cause a lot of the guys on Trawlermen (TV show) wear them and they fish in seriously cold water.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
ive got the fladen one aswell. used it for the first time tonight and wondering why my dad was shivering:cold: until i took the jacket off and it flew off down the car park :laugh: looked at the forcast when i got back and it said there had been 25mph winds. hmmm i never noticed them:bones::showoff:
Harry.:crazy:

·
Read Only
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i can get a sundridge sas mk5 2 piece 2008 brand new for £50 but its not breathable and the crossflows a bit over priced, so how hard wearing is the fladen and does anybody have links to any of these suits, preferably breathable

thanx

·
Read Only
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just took a wee thought to myself, do i have to have a floatation suit, ave found an sundridge iq arctic suit, not floatation but is waterproof, windproof and breathable for £60.

what do you guys recommend

1 - 18 of 18 Posts