World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wouldn't it snap easier as it's not as abrasive resistant as mono?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
never tried it , but dont see why not. I fish for bass in the menai strait and it's rocky and snaggy ass hell and i have switched from 30lb mono to 20lb braid (straight through) and i hardly lose any gear now, and i used to lose loads before. I find braid so much better for getting gear back through snags it's unreal

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
even when using braid its normal to use mono as a rubbing leader :victory: braid can snap if rubbed against anything sharp where mono may just fray.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
used to use braid leaders carpfishing a few lakes in france took care of some serious lilly pads never lost a fish wear as others useing mono were looseing a good 90% of there hooked fish and yes it will work off the beach a clean beach would suit it best give it a try if your woried about snaping out on the cast try it when there aint no one about you might just be suprised:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
used to use braid leaders carpfishing a few lakes in france took care of some serious lilly pads never lost a fish wear as others useing mono were looseing a good 90% of there hooked fish and yes it will work off the beach a clean beach would suit it best give it a try if your woried about snaping out on the cast try it when there aint no one about you might just be suprised:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory:
hi captin
i use braid[20ib power-pro] on me spinnin gear and like you say it takes alot to snap it only lost one plug and that was cos me braid/mono knot parted company

as for crackin of i do it all the time[my timing is crap] wud it still need to be 60/70 ib b/s over clean ground

·
Registered
299 Posts
I personally would not use it (not that I have tried it) as there is no give in during casting, especially if your power casting. Also like others have said it would rub and fray over rock marks which could cause you to lose fish. :cry:

I would also imagine if you use it on a fixed spool it would potentially take the tip of your index finger off if you don't use a finger guard... :doh:

But that's just my thoughts.... :bye1:

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
still got all my pinkies over a clean beach 60lb cool just dont mess the cast up or else lol used it on 525 penn and 3000s diawa fixspool have fun and lern because fishing is all about lerning he he he captin braid harte:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also like others have said it would rub and fray over rock marks which could cause you to lose fish. :cry:
mono wont fray then
I would also imagine if you use it on a fixed spool it would potentially take the tip of your index finger off if you don't use a finger guard... :doh:
like i said earlier i use braid on my fixed spool for spinnin
not add any problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts