World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi in the summer i am going on holiday in bulgaria and right by are hotel there is a georgeus beach and i am thinking of taking a travel rod as this is in the black sea would this be worth it????? if so what would i be looking to catch and to what sizes

G

·
At a guess (nothing more) there will be a few bream like fish and maybe some wrasse like ones.

Try posting in the International Section for better info.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Best bet is find the local harbour and have a go at the mullet! Shore fishing is usually crap in the Med, Adriatic, Black sea etc. All I have ever got is small wrasse type things.

·
Registered
24,907 Posts
hi in the summer i am going on holiday in bulgaria and right by are hotel there is a georgeus beach and i am thinking of taking a travel rod as this is in the black sea would this be worth it????? if so what would i be looking to catch and to what sizes
Can you contact the hotel by email and ask them about the situation..you might not be allowed to fish on a tourist beach area.

To go elsewhere on your own might be personally unwise / unsafe due to the robberies and assaults on loners with very saleable fishing gear and the prospect of a nice wallet and watch and a butt to play with as well:unsure:

David

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
try not to fish in the harbours when i was in spain they did not like me trying to catch the mullut . they might think the same in bulgaria . and u could get a fine i think the spainish dude said to me. but try off some rocks or something might get bream and mabey some macky :S

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is no sea bream in the Black sea!
If you want to catch fish there you have to learn the fishing method with BOMBARDA or Sbirulino as the locals call it. The fish is mullet, scud and garfish. The bait is harbor rag. Find a local tackle shop for information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts