World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I wash my boat and flush my engine
Hampshire based my terms and conditions say a hose pipe is available for washing down
what do you think?….?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I would check the southern water web site but previous bans elsewhere have allowed the flushing of engines as this is essential maintenance.

Cleaning of a leisure boat with a hose is usually not permitted, so its fill a bucket time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I see folk washing their whole boat with fresh water after a trip
Wind screens I understand
but is there any merit for the rest of the structure when it is moored taking salty sea breezes day on day?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
At Portland we've had the orange desert sand all over the boats and this coupled with the exhaust soot from the Helicopters using the training base makes for a messy mix. Cleaning the screens before and after trips, paying attention to the wipers is essential - that sand is very abrasive. If you leave this mix in the non slip areas it can be a nightmare to remove. So it will be the buckets, sponge and stiff broom.

You will probably find that a hosepipe ban will not apply to the marina facilities / services and they will be more than willing to charge a lot of money to clean the boat for you - using the same or more water than you would!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts