World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all sorry 2 go on about these.

me and my mate have been having a heated discussion about the correct way maddies should be presented on the hook.

i reckon they should be hooked on leaving room for movement as they seem to small to have a great sent. :fishing::yeah:

my mate reckons they should be threaded up the hook and all pushed up tight together. :crazy:

could someone hook me up with some opinions on this please

thanks

Chris

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks lads i love telling him hes wrong he hates it. :victory:

i feel worse cause im going about it the right way and still not catching on them. lol :laugh: never mind ill keep trying !! :fishing1:

Chris

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I think we cant smell the scent Maddies give off as well as the fish can. Alot of fish seem to love em.

If the waters murky id thread afew up the hook shank letting them squash up releasing the juices and then also head hook some too. So more scent plus some wriggling too.

If the waters clear,headhooking works well too.Plus its quicker when the fish are feeding well.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
try using the maddies in a cocktail with either lug squid or any fish baits,they all work well on their day for various species of fish.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
big bunch, all hooked once through the head. Dunk and cast.
I'd agree...works the same with white rag :thumbs:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Seriously? you fish with big bunches of white rag? Jeez- you'relucky to have good white rag beds if you can toss out big bunches of whites.
No stuart, I wish. I do find a fair few when digging lug though, and I use them to tip off the lug, head hooked, usually 3 or 4, and it definitely gives the bait that something extra...usually better in the day, so I suppose they act as a visual attractant :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
No stuart, I wish. I do find a fair few when digging lug though, and I use them to tip off the lug, head hooked, usually 3 or 4, and it definitely gives the bait that something extra...usually better in the day, so I suppose they act as a visual attractant :thumbs:
Yeah- i was thinking like cor you're extravagant- bunches of whites- I was gonna ask if i could marry you or something like that anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts