World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I posted full details of the charity match in support of "Help for Heroes" in our "Meets and Matches etc" sub-forum. All the information is contained in the "stickied" thread "Help for Heroes comes to the East Coast", probably on about page 3!!

Skegness Pier Angling Club (SPAC), of which I am a member, is proud to be organising this event on Sunday 27th December 2009. It's a six hour Big Fish Rover Match which can be fished anywhere on the Lincolnshire coast between Mablethorpe and Gibraltar Point. Hopefully the cod will have arrived in numbers by then and in this type of match anyone fishing it has a great opportunity of getting into the prizes. In other words the odds are not being stacked against the ordinary pleasure fisherman. Luck will play a much greater part!! However for the matchman this match will be included in the Penn Points League. Therefore its a great chance for them to move up a slot or two!!

I have been charged specifically by SPAC's committee with the task of getting a prize table together. So far we have been promised prizes from the fishing tackle trade (including the WSF shop!!!!) and quite a few from non-fishy places too, including a well known holiday camp near Skeggy!!
If anyone who comes on this site would like make a contribution, that would be fabulous. If you are able to make a gift for the prize table or put us in touch with someone you think might would like to helpthat would be brilliant! If you can fish the match yourself that would be great. (I do have sponsorship forms and can explain a simple and very effective way of raising extra funds for H4H.) If you can't fish the match you may well wish to make a donation. Please, please help in the best way you are able to by sending me a pm with your email address. I will, in return send you a copy of our Press Release and our contact details.

For me this event is very much about what I can give to H4H. It is truly
something of which I am proud to be associated with and feel very humbled.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links Wooky. The ball is starting to roll now and I'm really hoping this will be successful!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Not many replies to this post or views I think Paul you should start another tread with how many people are coming maybe in the meet section and then posting weekly updates in main section to how many coming.

phil

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Phil that's an excellent idea and I will do exactly that this morning!!
I will put another thread into the meets section asking the question "Do you reckon you will be fishing the H4H match?" Please send me a quick pm. An indication with no obligation is just fine and then at least I will feel a bit reassured it WON'T just be "me and Phil". I'll post an update on this thread every week. Cheers Phil!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Paul

I'll be there with a mate of mine who doesnt usually sea fish, as soon as I told him what it was for he said count me in.

Greg

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!! I won't create another H4H thread in the meets section, but I will post on the existing thread "Help for Heroes Comes to the East Coast 2009". If folks could send me a pm if they reckon they want to fish the match that would be great. If not use this thread and let's see if we can keep it on the front page of the East Coast forum, if not at the top of the first page!!
However don't feel obliged! It's not vital that we know, but it would great to get an idea of more or less how many from this Forum will be along on 27th December. Remember, lest we forget, this is for H4H!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi paul we can offer a beach chalet for a week in mablethorpe as a prize I left a message on here for you b4 but am not sure if you got it or not could you give us a call
Yesterday I posted full details of the charity match in support of "Help for Heroes" in our "Meets and Matches etc" sub-forum. All the information is contained in the "stickied" thread "Help for Heroes comes to the East Coast", probably on about page 3!!

Skegness Pier Angling Club (SPAC), of which I am a member, is proud to be organising this event on Sunday 27th December 2009. It's a six hour Big Fish Rover Match which can be fished anywhere on the Lincolnshire coast between Mablethorpe and Gibraltar Point. Hopefully the cod will have arrived in numbers by then and in this type of match anyone fishing it has a great opportunity of getting into the prizes. In other words the odds are not being stacked against the ordinary pleasure fisherman. Luck will play a much greater part!! However for the matchman this match will be included in the Penn Points League. Therefore its a great chance for them to move up a slot or two!!

I have been charged specifically by SPAC's committee with the task of getting a prize table together. So far we have been promised prizes from the fishing tackle trade (including the WSF shop!!!!) and quite a few from non-fishy places too, including a well known holiday camp near Skeggy!!
If anyone who comes on this site would like make a contribution, that would be fabulous. If you are able to make a gift for the prize table or put us in touch with someone you think might would like to helpthat would be brilliant! If you can fish the match yourself that would be great. (I do have sponsorship forms and can explain a simple and very effective way of raising extra funds for H4H.) If you can't fish the match you may well wish to make a donation. Please, please help in the best way you are able to by sending me a pm with your email address. I will, in return send you a copy of our Press Release and our contact details.

For me this event is very much about what I can give to H4H. It is truly
something of which I am proud to be associated with and feel very humbled.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi happy fisherman!! I've sent you a pm and I'm very sorry for any confusion. Very many thanks for your kind donation.

We would really welcome more donations to add to our prize table. If YOU would like to make a donation of a prize or would like more information please contact me.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

Lest we Forget - Help for Heroes Big Fish Rover Match 27.12.09

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.