World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from fuerteventura yesterday and i thought i'd write a note about the fishing.i booked a deep sea fishing trip out of corralejo with tuna and barracuda the main targets,we set out of harbour at 8o clock and by 9 we had to return to drop of half of the party due to seasickness we then set out again and a couple of scottish boys on board hit the lager which incapacitated them and a dutch chap came all funny with a large bout of sympathy vommiting!then the fishing began i caught trigger fish a type of bream,calvades?there were also moray eels and lots of horse mackerel and some sardines one chap landed what i think was a whopping stone bass about 18 pounds i'll have to look through my books and find out,an enjoyable days fishing but i was under the impression we were fishing for tuna and the horse mackerel were live bait maybe the conditions were too rough for him to go out into the main channel between fuerte and lanzarote but by that time i was content with my lot but the spanish skippers are an uncompromising lot and they kept everything! next time i'll buy a rod and fish from the rocks there are plenty of fish there to be caught and i'll save a few quid!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Dog Hop

I fished on a boat in Gran Caneria a few years ago. We caught mainly sting rays and eagle rays, with one small tuna. The weather was fine so we didn't have any problems with sea sickness. I really enjoyed it although it was very touristy, the tackle was well oversize for what we were catching, and once you had been given your one piece of bait no more was forthcoming unless you thought to ask (the non-anglers on board didn't)

I suppose the skippers of these boats are so used to passing tourists who just happen to walk around the harbour and fancy a boat trip, that you can't really blame them for not trying too hard. One difference with my trip is that all fish (except the tuna) were returned alive and this appeared to be the policy with all the boats in this area, so that was good.

I'd recommend a trip on one of these boats as a "day out" when on holiday, but not to be taken too seriously.

Regards
Osprey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts