World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,i am going to either anstruther harbour or eyemouth rocks behind the caravan site,has anyone been recently?(within the last week or so) also if anyone could tell me where there might be a chance of catching shore conger,any info would be a great help,i normaly fish from arbroath down as far as seahouses but would travel a bit further for a conger:) thanx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shore conger , I have seen a few conger caught off pittenweem in fife they are few and far between but they are there. If you say you fish arbroath there is vikky park where i hear a few conger have been caught aswell.
Good luck on your conger fishing!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that,do you know if the conger were caught at night time or during the day?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Typically conger will feed better at night, espescially from shallower shore marks. but theres no hard or fast rules....

how far are you willing to travel?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
usually i drive about the 100 mile mark from edinburgh although i would go further for the chance of a good eel from the shore,it would make a good addition to the spiecies list also i hear they put up a bit of a fight.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a mark i found at portmahomack when seeing family next to the lighthouse i was told by locals that there are very good sized conger there you can fish there any state of tide and still catch fish, best bait i was told was whole squid for the conger . Downfall is that you need loads of tackle and heavy gear as the bottom is really really rough great for conger though !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the info,im glad i joined the forum,i will post in a few days 2 let you all know how i got on,tight lines to all. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts