World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Im looking for some advice, as to where to fish on Canvey Island? Basically I would like to fish for anything that comes along. Also some advice as to rigs(inc. lead size),

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hello all,

Im looking for some advice, as to where to fish on Canvey Island? Basically I would like to fish for anything that comes along. Also some advice as to rigs(inc. lead size), I will probably use rag, lug, crab and squid as i work in a tackle shop.

And advice appreciated, Thanks.
morning mate,theres loads of spots really. i fished the point last night(11.30-2.30) loads of little bass an eels.then theres the groin at end of chapman sands(dunno name),chapman sands jetty,back of thorny bay caravan park,scars elbow(groin b4 the 1st oil jetty),by the lobstersmack pub and the big black pier(OJ). theres more but these r the only 1s ive fished.i like the point because i lost a big 1 a month ago(blah blah i know) and am prepared to blank all summer 4 another crack at it.i use rag lug an peela coz its free.3 hook flapper on 1,and running ledger on other with nice long trace
hope this helps a little
glenn

·
Registered
300 Posts
morning mate,theres loads of spots really. i fished the point last night(11.30-2.30) loads of little bass an eels.then theres the groin at end of chapman sands(dunno name),chapman sands jetty,back of thorny bay caravan park,scars elbow(groin b4 the 1st oil jetty),by the lobstersmack pub and the big black pier(OJ). theres more but these r the only 1s ive fished.i like the point because i lost a big 1 a month ago(blah blah i know) and am prepared to blank all summer 4 another crack at it.i use rag lug an peela coz its free.3 hook flapper on 1,and running ledger on other with nice long trace
hope this helps a little
glenn
This sums it up very well.... Good advice

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hello all,

Im looking for some advice, as to where to fish on Canvey Island? Basically I would like to fish for anything that comes along. Also some advice as to rigs(inc. lead size), I will probably use rag, lug, crab and squid as i work in a tackle shop.

And advice appreciated, Thanks.
welcome to the site,some good cod sessions reported from the black jetty last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. After talking to a few regulars in the shop, I did have a feeling the Black Jetty would have probably been the best place to have a go.

What lead size and what rigs what you use of there. A few suggested something look a 2/3 hook flapper or a pulley rig i think it was.

Sorry for all the questions lol, but im a Carp Angler, so don't have the faintest at the moment.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. After talking to a few regulars in the shop, I did have a feeling the Black Jetty would have probably been the best place to have a go.

What lead size and what rigs what you use of there. A few suggested something look a 2/3 hook flapper or a pulley rig i think it was.
This time of year use big baits/hooks and drop it straight down the pylons on the end platform for bass.

You will need a drop net, 30lb line/leader and I find I can just hold bottom with a 10oz long wire gripper at peak tidal flow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts