World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello all, I fished the point off canvey last week out towards southend off the groin, and to my surprise i got snagged and lost my gear at atleast 110 to 130 yards out. now in my mind the rocks finnish short of that,so when i went back the next day to retreive my lost tackle i was shocked to see 2 nets about 100 yards out to the left of the groin, now i thought it was against the fishing laws to net through tides bearing in mind these were like 5 aside footy nets,does any1 know anything about these or if there alegal or not cause it looks prety dam dangerous to say the least praps ive stired up a hornits nest with this post sorry if ive spoilt someone,s trap lol but im sure its against the law,thx all :nono:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Nothing to do with netting through tides.
The nets are illegal if they are not marked properly. ie: a dahn buoy each end of the net, with a pole at least one and a half meters high, with a flag 1 foot square on top.
The buoy must have the owners name and address on it, or the name of the fishing boat that set the nets.
If these things are missing, report it here
http://www.kentandessex-sfc.co.uk/

Perhaps the mods could put a sticky thread about this entitled ' Report illegal nets here' and put the link up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts