World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please describe it a bit better for me please :)

i am going there tomorrow for some fishing and cannot find any decent pictures of the beach anywhere. I went onto google images and found loads of pics of a concrete barge but no decent pictures of the beach?

is it sand or shingle or mud ?

is it gonna rain ?:unsure:

am i gonna catch a fish? :roll1:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Steve the concrete barge is now gone, go due south of that barge on the map you will see a 90 degree turn of the sea wall thats the point. You will be fishing off the sea wall in fact to get yourself out of the wind you may find it better fishing the sea side of the wall give you protection from a northerly. you will be casting onto mostly mud and shingle. there will be no water there until 3.5 hours before high water,walk onto the groyne to cast straight out, further the better, there's a gulley 120 yards out. Directions as you come onto canvey head for the town centre, find the high st follow that all the way down to a pub the admiral jellico carry on going past that into point road follow that to the very end and the last road on the right is Beveland road follow that to the end, park up and your 50 yards from the point. Good luck Peeler crab Rag and lug in that order. Schoolies flatties eels.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks again flo,

I am leaving at 9am and hoping to be there by 1pm, i will let you know how i get on when i am back home on thursday night

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I got to canvey point at about 3pm on tuesday and the tide was fully in so i quickly got set up and done some fishing. it was very hot out and the sun was shining.

about 10mins after my first cast using sainsburys chillian coocked mussels as bait ( i had not found a bait shop yet) i had a bite and reeled it in, it was the massive :g: bass in the attached piccy. then it all went quiet and some local windsurfers came and kept heading for where i was fishing on their vessels.

3am wednesday morning i was out there fishing again hoping for the best of luck but nothing happened, I gave up at about 7am (when the tide was miles out) and went looking for a bait shop.

after many hours of driving round and exploring i returned to the point armed with my new bait and a fresh set of hopfullness. I tried using some lug and some mackrel as bait and spent the next 6hours feeding the local fish and crabs without catching anything.

A guy who had set up next to me and seemed like a more experianced fisherman had set up and not caught anything either, so i didnt feel so bad.

after this I packed all my gear away and headed out to the local KFC for my dinner then spent my night asleep in my car before the 3hour drive home today.

roll on my next fishing trip :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts