World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A report for those that are interested, Fished southfalls last night with my novice mate and as predicted it was Ting most of the way. The Weather was not pleasant very windy from the NE with intermittant Rain coming sideways, Rollers coming up the wall and the Groyne so fished up close to the wall which gave a bit of relief. The good news is the Ting seem to have grown up this year Half the fish were around 12" very few pin whiting, about 4 were over 13" and I capped it off with a veritable monster of 15 inches. All the fish were in excellent condition no skinnies at all.

Didnt see many bites due to the wind strength and line bow however I gave my mate an old Daiwa Hi performance beach rod with a braided fixed spool and he had some stonking bites from a bit closer in 50-60 yards. He really enjoyed his 1st beach trip Even though I cast out for him he reeled em in.

On a down side still a lot of crab activity baits were stripped in 10 15 mins max if the whiting weren't quick enough plus washing lines of bloody Green Eel grass on the first of the flood it calmed down about 90 mins before high tide
but spent the first 2 hours plucking weed from the leader knot every cast.

Bait was fresh dug Lug tipped with squid or Mackie. The bigger whiting all took the Mackie tipped baits.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
i was at the bay last night,didnt have much wind but did have lots of ting(ant i didnt have no rain either

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks for a good report Flo, nice to hear of those large whiting appearing, 15" is a stonker.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good report Flo. Yep those Whiting are a better size than the last few years and from what read so are the Codling. Gonna try and give it a bash next weekend of the OJ and see if I can winkle one out. Brave session in the wind and rain for a novice. Well done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.