World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went yesterday to my usual spot in Thamesmead. However, I believe that in the near future this will become the place for a car boot sale and not so much for fishing. Here's a look of the things you can get if you go there on low tide.

A fantastic Japanese motorbike (125cc)

NEW ADDITION!!!!: Another fantastic Japanese motorbike (125cc). If you take this item, the LCD screen is yours too.

A collection of shopping trolleys for you and your family.

All items are free but only if you collect them!

Just to say that it is a shame to see more items being thrown in the river but in the end the world is not as perfect as we would like it to be...

Now to the report. I went with four friends and we fished one rod each. Bait was frozen lug and squid, and fresh rag. Rigs consisted mostly of 1up/1downs. We did the whole of the flood and we took in total 9 or 10 flounders. The most successful bait was frozen lug tipped with either mackerel or ragworms. It was not as cold as expected. Here's the pics:

A complete beginner took the best flounder of the day on his debut:

I took home the prize for the only double of the day:

And my cousin, the only one that blanked, took the flounders home for supper.

Seems that the bass are now gone. Question is how long till the whiting invasion....

Cheers,
Luis

G

·
did the bikes kick over again, obviuosly there stolen property, did you notify the local constabulary?could have been involved in that jewelery shop in essex.might get a reward,

nice fish though,atleast you got more than you bargained for,

G

·
Nice one luis shame you could not join us saturday mate.
The river is alive with flounder at the moment, thats a good hat your wearing
probably stole the bikes to get to the venue, chelsea you say lol, well there is two of them two bikes,four flats lol:thumbs:

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
is that noel gallegher in that last photo lol,the fish will nich anything these days

·
Registered
777 Posts
lived on thamesmead for 23 years i moved. always had your herberts dumping all manor of stuff in the river, trolleys always been their fav. nice to see fish still showing. whiting are only round the corner so wont long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts