World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's that time of year again when I head to the coast to hone my blanking skills.

I'm staying in Carbis bay for a week, I don't have transport so it's walking distance only. I've had an hour on carbis beach but wasn't really convinced and I tried porthminster point this afternoon/evening, no luck but it felt more promising. Neap tides at the moment so I don't think that is a great help.

Can anyone offer any advice? also are there any tackle shops in St Ives or around Carbis, I haven't stumbled across any yet.

Much appreciated!

G

·
theres a tackle shop at the Malakoff just past the bus station, prob usual st Ives prices !
you can fish Sunny Corner where the water thingy is for Plaice/Bass/Mackies etc, best baits are worm/Eel but these are going to be hard to come by for yourself, as not sure if St Ives tackle shop stock worm, hope this will help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, so far I've just been using squid and sandeel. There's a newsagents on St Ives front that sells ammo baits. I'll see what the tackle shop offers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Carbis bay beach has only ever produced for me over high tide after dark. But i've only ever fished it in autumn and winter when i've been blown off other marks. Anywhere around porthminster point could be worth a go.
If you take the bus into penzance penzance pet supplies on warfside stock frozen bait, and west cornwall angling do a comprehensive range of bait and are on the corner of alexandra rd and the prom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts