World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the day off yesterday to fish the barrage as it was my birthday, i got down there around 8.10am, my first cast resulted in a whiting, second cast resulted in another whiting, and third cast resulted in another whiting, the weather was out and everything seemed to be going my way! Every cast i seemed to catch

We seen a few bass swiming around the shoot when they open it up but no joy, the catches were

Whitting (too many to count)
dogfish ????!!!!! :blink:
Dab
codling

Guy (who i forgot his name now lol ) caught the dab

· Registered
4,191 Posts
looks great and good fishing too.

will have to get the kayak down there and get out around the the fish pass with some light gear for the bass on some spinners...(trables removed and replaced by barbless normal hooks for a bit of catch and release fun.

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL i know, yer 23 yesterday but i do look alot older unfortunatly, 6ft 3, big bult and a blad head, so it has its pro's and con's!!

might give the barrage ago this weekend, with some diffrent baits apose to just rag

· Registered
5,248 Posts
Nice pics mate looks a lovely day down there:) Happy birthday for yesterday aswell

looks great and good fishing too.

will have to get the kayak down there and get out around the the fish pass with some light gear for the bass on some spinners...(trables removed and replaced by barbless normal hooks for a bit of catch and release fun.

:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

Don't think that would be a good idea mate:blink: You would probably have leads chucked at you all day:blink: :blink:

· Registered
3,904 Posts
You will start catching the bass there as soon as you can catch plenty of shrimp in a dropnet (IMO) - was there over easter - not a sign of shrimp but some bloke had caught bass to 8lb just off the barrage in his dinghy......

nice catch btw (looks like the tide was decent too

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will start catching the bass there as soon as you can catch plenty of shrimp in a dropnet (IMO) - was there over easter - not a sign of shrimp but some bloke had caught bass to 8lb just off the barrage in his dinghy......

nice catch btw (looks like the tide was decent too
yer thats correct, i guy goes out there in a little boat, has a little engine and orr's (sp) apprently he always get's massive bass, he was there yesterday, although i think he's abit too far to hit , you could hit him if you did a big cast but you tend not to cast that far and in that direction

· Registered
4,191 Posts
Agree with Kev, not only that but you will have to paddle like the clappers against that tide rip.:eek:hnoes:
have been looking at it and i think the best time for the kayaks is the last couple of hours of the flood to get around there from penarth and fish 2 down to low and a couple of the flood before getting back round to penarth.
should also eliviate dodging leads all day too if i'm fishing away from high water.

definatley do-able have met guys who go out off sully island and around that area, when paddling you do tend to become aware of the tidal currents, and your ontop of the water not trying to cut through it....will pick a small tide for the first foray around there too so if you do see a green kayak that' l be me

john

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.