World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and two mates fished it 9-12 sunday morning. When we left Neath the weather was great, but however when we eventually got there, there was a bitter north-easterly wind, which i guest slowed the fishing down. In all we only had a couple of pin whiting. But one guy down there caught a sewine(spelling?) about 2lb, lucky ******* lol.

What a great venue, it was a pleasant supprice for me to go someway and not be met by rubbish, **** poor smell, chav's, and dick head locals ( i witnessed a guy cleaning a bench after cutting his bait on it). The venue is spotless and is a venue for the locals to be proud of.

On the topic of locals i got talking to a couple of guys down there and they were really helpfull and a pleasure to talk to. I would recommend this venue to anyone, I will be going back down there soon, but with the misses in tow.

By the way, make sure you buy a parking ticket, EVEN on a SUNDAY. Yes you guessed it i got booked. Thats cost me £40, however I have a plan!!! ;)

kelvin

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Myself and two mates fished it 9-12 sunday morning. When we left Neath the weather was great, but however when we eventually got there, there was a bitter north-easterly wind, which i guest slowed the fishing down. In all we only had a couple of pin whiting. But one guy down there caught a sewine(spelling?) about 2lb, lucky ******* lol.

What a great venue, it was a pleasant supprice for me to go someway and not be met by rubbish, **** poor smell, chav's, and dick head locals ( i witnessed a guy cleaning a bench after cutting his bait on it). The venue is spotless and is a venue for the locals to be proud of.

On the topic of locals i got talking to a couple of guys down there and they were really helpfull and a pleasure to talk to. I would recommend this venue to anyone, I will be going back down there soon, but with the misses in tow.

By the way, make sure you buy a parking ticket, EVEN on a SUNDAY. Yes you guessed it i got booked. Thats cost me £40, however I have a plan!!! ;)

kelvin
Hi mate,never fished there but will have to give it a try:idea: .shame about the parking ticket,but(and i'm not sure mind)if you read the top section of the back of the ticket,i think that if you pay it early,the fee is reduced to £15.i got booked in morrisons carpark while watching the Swans and the reduction was on the ticket then.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STID it was my fault, i didn't think there would be traffic wardens on a sunday.

However my master plan is underway, and i have written a letter to the council explaining. Hopefully this will sort it out nicely ;);)

STID i have been informed that in the summer it is great for the bass, a guy down there showed me a number of photos on his phone. Bloody big and fat bass :)

kelvin

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
STID it was my fault, i didn't think there would be traffic wardens on a sunday.

However my master plan is underway, and i have written a letter to the council explaining. Hopefully this will sort it out nicely ;);)

STID i have been informed that in the summer it is great for the bass, a guy down there showed me a number of photos on his phone. Bloody big and fat bass :)

kelvin
i know what you are saying mate,but have a look at the back of the ticket anyway,just in case.:g: may save you a couple of quid.

ta for the info on the barrage mate,will deffo be giving it a go in the summer:clap2: (will have to take my swans stickers out of the car tho:blink: :giveup: :) )

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
i know what you are saying mate,but have a look at the back of the ticket anyway,just in case.:g: may save you a couple of quid.

ta for the info on the barrage mate,will deffo be giving it a go in the summer:clap2: (will have to take my swans stickers out of the car tho:blink: :giveup: :) )
hi m8 you dont have to take your swans stickers out of the car m8 us cardiff city supporters aint that bad lol see you on the 7th of april down brands bash tight lines dai:kissing:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
hi m8 you dont have to take your swans stickers out of the car m8 us cardiff city supporters aint that bad lol see you on the 7th of april down brands bash tight lines dai:kissing:
lol.....i'll deffo be there for that:) ....maybe talk some football with you,i enjoy the banter

see you down the liberty next season then:clap2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was at the barrage sunday couldnt stop pulling out small whitting must of had about 12 1 ell and 1 flounder no keepers but had a fun morning fishing wanted a couple of flounder to keep will be back to get them another day:)

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,612 Posts
good report and nice session m8 - well done!
sorry to be a dumb ass but whats a sewine???

·
Registered
83 Posts
( i witnessed a guy cleaning a bench after cutting his bait on it).

That could have been me>>>>>>>>>>>> i was fishing next to the guy who caught the sea trout.

I cleaned the seat when i droped sqid guts/lug juice on it, if only i could do the same for my works van !

Enjoyed a couple of hours, caught 1 pin,( too busy chasing after jnr )

Does the water clear up a bit in the summer? casting a plug towards the sluice gates looks a good option for Mr. Bass...

L8ter

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When i got the ticket i notice a rather sexy looking lady get back into her car. I then proceed to ask her for her ticket, which she did, her ticket stated that i could have parked there till 11.45am.

I then phoned the council and wrote a letter to them informing them i had a parking ticket that allowed me to park there and the parking attentant must have missed it when he was looking at my car.

:):):):):)

kelvin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts