World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for abit of advice on Cardiff barrage off regulars who fish there.. I myself haven't fished there for years but fancy giving it ago.. Just wondering if..
Your able to fish there at night?
Is it best HW or LW?
Is it best casting far or close?
How much does parking cost there now?
Cheers

·
Registered
934 Posts
Fish it up to high and bk a couple, fish 1 close in and 1 at distance, worm bait is probably gonna the best bait to go for, I've never payed while fishing it at night but you never know with these wardens, flattys Whiting bass and small codling on the worm maybe some fish bait for a chance of a ray, good luck

Jason

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just looking for abit of advice on Cardiff barrage off regulars who fish there.. I myself haven't fished there for years but fancy giving it ago.. Just wondering if..
Your able to fish there at night?
Is it best HW or LW?
Is it best casting far or close?
How much does parking cost there now?
Cheers
Easy fishing spot and some good fish taken on there including Rays and Bass . Parking is a lottery I got booked once at night but its about £5 if you pay for about 6 hours.
Can get very popular with guys with about 6 rods out at a time
Also the usual splattering of idiots leaving litter down there in spite of all the bins
Fresh black lug if you can get it is good there otherwise , rag, mackerel, squid

I had some small sole there last week . I think it fishes best when there is less water being pumped out of the sluice gates but others disagree.
Easy access makes it good for an unplanned trip at last minute

1 - 3 of 3 Posts