World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My very first visit to the barrage, what a venue ,I thought I had died and gone to fishing heaven:clap3: it has every thing, first class toilets hot water,plenty of room ,short walk from the carpark, flat and paved, with seats, and fish , the weather was superb, and everyone down there was pleasant to talk to, no litter or loutish behavior, I did hear that the proposed fee was £15 per season, wellworth it, let us all hope that this is going to be the norm, the only thing missing is the tea lady with a trolley,:idea:

Cheers it made my day:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, did you catch anything then????
sorry , I will have to say no to that one, anyway it would have spoilt the sunbathing!!!!!, to be fair there were small fish caught, but I will have to get to know the place better, and what baits are best, watch this space,

cheers

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
you mentioned 15 squid ?what's that for per head /per day/per season most prob eh?tightlines andy ilsf..:) :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
There is a tea lady (no trolley though) & the pieman visits too (thats the little white van everyone runs to)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Please do not be nice to ancient mariner, while he was in fishing heaven on the barrage he phoned me to tell me how great it was, while I was in a board budget meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................the evil B******

No more cups of tea for you mate:uhuh:

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
is that £15 plus the parking as well or will it be a permit job for the car window.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Not too sure on that mate?? I will try and find out and let you know, but even if its without the parking its only 50p and hour, so if there 2 of you fishing it will only cost you an extra quid for 4 hours? Although it would add up over the year:g: :g:

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I heard that there were no plans at present to introduce permits, it is merely an option. The concern is the logistics of collecting all the money and issuing the permits and policing the system would make it financially a loss making exercise.

That said, I don't think it's necessary anyway, they seem to be happy with the way it's going, and because it's manned all the time they can make sure that the dweebs don't go on there littering the place and peeing everywhere. :yucky:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Not too sure on that mate?? I will try and find out and let you know, but even if its without the parking its only 50p and hour, so if there 2 of you fishing it will only cost you an extra quid for 4 hours? Although it would add up over the year:g: :g:
hi kev m8 what's it like there for disabled m8?not so much for fishing but access cos with my wife being in a wheelchair could she have access there with me just a thought eh?andy ILSF..:) :)

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
hi kev m8 what's it like there for disabled m8?not so much for fishing but access cos with my wife being in a wheelchair could she have access there with me just a thought eh?andy ILSF..:) :)
Hi iloveseafishing when i went to have a look at it the other day there no acces for wheelchairs mate you have two go up some steps to get on top of the barrage theres one place i did see that was right out on the barrage front but you would have two be here early to get it i think all the best se you soon dude tight lines

·
Registered
83 Posts
It shouldnt be too bad as its only two small steps, but thats to get up on the wall to fish from. You could stay by the benches and its no steps then:)

Hi Welshkev,

Would it be suitable for an 8 yr old, and could you tell me where the car park is, and how to access the barrage.
Also would a drop net be needed if a "Big Un" should show.
And can you fish inside the barrage.

Sorry about all the ?`s,

Thxs in return

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Hi Welshkev,

Would it be suitable for an 8 yr old, and could you tell me where the car park is, and how to access the barrage.
Also would a drop net be needed if a "Big Un" should show.
And can you fish inside the barrage.

Sorry about all the ?`s,

Thxs in return
1 suitable for kids
2. drop net would/could be needed for big uns depending on the tide height
3. go to penarth marina, you cannot miss the barrage car park
4.no you cannot fish inside off the barrage itself, you would have go and fish under the cliffs and back into the bay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a bit of further information on the barrage, as from Monday closing time will be 6 o/clock and in April it extends to 8 o/clock, we will be able to fish some of the bigger tides.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Please do not be nice to ancient mariner, while he was in fishing heaven on the barrage he phoned me to tell me how great it was, while I was in a board budget meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................the evil B******

No more cups of tea for you mate:uhuh:
Next time I will do better , I will send a PHOTO, :bleh: and be nice to the OAPs one of them could be you dad!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is in fact disabled access all along the arm. By heading towards the sluices and getting on the arm there you can avoid all of the steps. When you get to the begining of the arm you can then choose to carry on travelling along the top layer or go along the bottom section. Once at the end of the arm there is a ramp to move between the top and bottom section. The whole site is designed for disabled access.

As for kids, it is an ideal venue. Again being a council site everything was designed with safety in mind. High fencing all around and no gaps.

As of yet there is no permit, in time there will be a permit system, probably consisting of a day and or week ticket. Costs will be kept as low as possible. The lecturn style information board at the begining of the arm will have proposed charges and rules and regulations soon. Watch that space.......

If enough interest is shown over the summer period there is also the possibiliity of a club being formed. Again its a matter of watch that space.......

Fishing at the moment isn't great, roll on some warmer weather!

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
thanks lads good advice all round i'll take the missus there for sure when it warms up it'll be good for her to get out a bit more 4 sure tightlines andy ILSF....:boat: :boat:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts