World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visited the barrage with the misses n kids n noticed u need a permit,any 1 know how much they r n where u get them

thx Mike

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Fished there last week no permit needed,checked with the barrage security guy he said no permit needed.Took my boy with me and we had a great day's fishing!

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
No permit required at the moment, that is to be confirmed later in the year, but figures of 15 pounds have been mentioned when it does come in. Go fish it now while it's free, see if you think it's worth the money before shelling out for one.

I think it's worth it, but I wouldn't be fishing there enough to get my money's worth really, but it is a stunning venue, perfect family day out while you do a bit of fishing. :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
been thinking of giving it a go soon, as i need somewhere which is easy fishing cause i can't go to far with my broken foot. what sort of species can you expect to catch and on what rigs?

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Prawn under a float is supposed to be a killer for the bass, when we fished it a few weeks back we had whiting, eels, flounders etc. Pick a medium range to small tide if you float fish, we did it on a big tide and it was like float fishing on the River Trent! :D

Put a baited drop net over the side for prawns. ;)

Forgot to say that there may be a day ticket available to fish the barrage as well as a season ticket when it comes in to force. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were signs saying, permit holders only along the railings,were they there when u fished the place?

mike

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
been thinking of giving it a go soon, as i need somewhere which is easy fishing cause i can't go to far with my broken foot. what sort of species can you expect to catch and on what rigs?
who you been kicking then?any bristol fans lol get fit in timee for ssidan m8 or i'll take a picture of you fishing on sticks ...lol.and i post big pics..as you know.:)

·
Registered
747 Posts
no permit needed and the signs were down there when we went 2 sundays ago. there was a 4lb conger caught when we were down there. we had a couple of whitings each down there. kol its a really easy mark mate but be warned it does get busy down there. looks a good mark for bass me thinks???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just visited the barrage with the misses n kids n noticed u need a permit,any 1 know how much they r n where u get them

thx Mike
hi mike there is no fee for barrarge, and thay cannot charge a fee or inforce it
in the future, when thay built the bararge,it was agreed by govening bodies
that if the build was to go ahead,thay cannot charge or make moneys,ie, on boats locking out, fishing or travelling across bridges, and i believe that stands for 25 years, anybody knows any different let us know mateys.
summers well on its way boys, tight lines

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just to let you know, due to the good weather the summer opening times have been enforced now. This means the barrage is now open between 0800 and 2000. Even more time for fishing! Still no need for a permit yet, keep an eye out for details down at the barrage. The reason it says permit holders on the signs is so that they don't have to be replaced when the permit system is taken on.
Happy fishing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts