World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i'm thinking of trying the above tomorrow for a bit of easy fun fishing. Do i park penarth side, and would i need a stand, thanks in advance for any info...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Drive down to Penarth Marina, you will see Tesco, at the roundabout by Tesco take the 2nd exit, Tesco is exit 3, drive down to the far end. You will see a car park over a mini roundabout. costs about £2.50 for 3hrs and then around 50p per hour extra. Take coins, it operates 24hrs per day. You will see the barrage in front of you. Walk towards cardiff over the locks and onto the barrage. You will see the fishing zone. You can only fish in the zone. If they are open there are loos to the right of the lock gates (towards Cardiff) in a blue portacabin. There is also a snack bar but I have never seen it open. Fished there yesterday , lots of bites but only 1 codlet. Mind you I fished hw down for 2hrs so I was a bit late, other there caught codlets and I saw a small flattie caught. Cheers. Tim

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just had a great evening with my kids fishing there. They caught 9 codling, a flounder and a whiting. Two very happy young ladies who are asking when can they go again. Two and three hook flapper rigs with size one hooks. Bait was ragworm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you fish the barrage at low tide, gonna be taking some of my students fishing soon..
Going by my experience on saturday, roughly 3 hours either side of high water, there were quite a few small codling and whiting caught, ragworm seemed to be the best bait...

·
Registered
62 Posts
you can fish 3hr either side of high water best bait is rag on two hook flapper use a 2 to 3 foot trace with 8in hook lenth and no1 hook slighty off set the hook to inprove hooking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts