World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Cardiff Bay Barrage today

600 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bigray 
#1 ·
Fished three up and three down with 2 & 3 hook flappers using mackeral, ragworm and squid, in just about every combination possible. Lots of bites but only 4 whiting landed ( all returned via lead wires). Best combination was definitely mackeral strips tipped with squid.
Pretty poor results up and down the jetty with a couple more whiting and a doggie seen.
Had something on that was much bigger just before quitting but it got off when it came to the surface, suspect it might have been an eel, just saw a flash of silver and it was off.

#3 ·
ive fished it a few times now and all i get is whitting, i think its fast becoming a winter mark

they were still catching bass down thier in dember last year, ill only be fishing it again in the winter, i think its a waste of time otherwise if you want to catch big fish, fine if you want little fish no bigger than your hook

also great for the disabled and kids, not for moi..... ill be keeping my porfessionalism for else where :D :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.