World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Cardiff foreshore lately. Or even Penarth I haven’t fished that far East for a while and was wondering how it was.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cardiff foreshore is my local haunt, About 3 minuites in the car, I generally keep away from there during the summer months and fish it in the winter, although last winter was not to good.

Ja5on

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I usually do the same thing, but I'm getting so desperate for venues that are producing I'm thinking of fishing a chip on a hook and catching sea gulls.

Actually on light tackle that could be quite fun :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Biogenesis said:
Yeah I usually do the same thing, but I'm getting so desperate for venues that are producing I'm thinking of fishing a chip on a hook and catching sea gulls.

Actually on light tackle that could be quite fun :D
Sandwiches work better and it is a hell of a fight (oops I mean I would never condone that sort of behaviour) ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read once in a survival book that if you throw small stones wrapped in bread to sea gulls they will eat them and not be able to fly from the extra weight.

Deciding a heavy sea gull would make an excellent addition to my home I immediately rushed off to try this theory.

I don't think the downed American pilots (who this survival tip was aimed at) would cope if they had to answer to UK sea gulls.
They watched the speed at which the bread fell to earth and would only eat normal bread.
They could even spot small amounts of gravel hidden in the bread parcels.

Makes you kinda proud that our UK sea gulls are cleverer than US top brass :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
There are things living under rocks on my local foreshore that are cleverer than some of the Yanks top brass :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Top brass to the yanks usually means a large coin that they all worship :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fished the Foreshore on Saturday. Managed 2 reasonable sized congers (4/5lb) between 2 of us, but not alot to show for several hours fishing with 4 rods.

We did only have the 2 bites and managed to land them both, so i guess that makes it a 100% record!! :)

Approx 6 other anglers fishing without a touch though!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
best leave foreshore for the winter me thinks. as long as we have a better winter than last year. i hope so?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last winter was bad but this may cheer you up...

This may be complete b***ocks but I was told by a mate who was told by a local tackle dealer that this year is going to be 'legendary' for cod. Reason being that apparently there is some kind of four year cycle where you have a brilliant cod season then the three years after get progressivley worse. I'm told that this year is due to be the good one. I've only been fishing about 18 months so I wouldn't know.

It probably is rubbish but I just thought I'd spread a little sunshine ;-)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ive heard that many times, and to a certain degree i have to agree with it, but after the winter we just had, i cant see it happening this time, but i really hope it does m8y?

·
Registered
7 Posts
youre right this does happen but not every 4 yrs.i think u will find its more like a 7 yr cycle..you will have a season where you will catch lots of immature fish , codling of less than 1lb in weight the year following this , they should return as good sized fish of between 3--7lbs.im almost sure that these young fish will be around this year. there were plenty of large fish caught last season off the boats, and these are the biggies that are ready for spawning........

ATB............TAFFY.

P.S..hows it going poach.....i hope ur getting ur share of fish mate..........

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Caught a lot of small codling from various marks last winter most under 1lb with the odd exception. All bar one 5lber went back.

Maybe those fish will have grown on and like you say will be around 3lb and over next winter.......hopefully. :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts